anyweb

using SCCM 2012 in a LAB - Part 1. Installation

Hello All,

Rookie question but here it goes...I have SQL 2012 and SCCM 2012 R2 on seperate servers (clean installs without any configuring within SCCM done yet). Can I use a DFS share on a third server for all of the file repositories and shared directories (in particular: SMSPKGI$, SMSPKGSIG, and SMSSIG) needed for SCCM? If so, can I then migrate them to the SCCM server at a later date? I don't have the ability to add a volume (at this time) to put the files on the SCCM server until we break off from our parent company in a month.

Thanks in advance,

Tucker

Hello All,

I am new to SCCM, for practice purpose I have installed SCCM 2012 R2 Evaluation version in my Laptop. However after completion of installation, I am trying to launch the SCCM app but Config Manager gets crashed and not able to fix the issue.

Please guide.

Laptop Model: Lenovo B490

Ram: 6 GB

OSys: WIndows Server 2008 R2

SQL Server 2008 with SP2.

Thanks In advance.

HI Team,

This guide is awesome. I have small trouble on the below part:

"Delegate Permission to the System Management Container. "

instead of adding the sccm computer, i can not see the computer on that container. i am delegating but can't see the computer in that container.