anyweb

using SCCM 2012 in a LAB - Part 2. Add SUP and WDS

After installing WSUS on my offline server it is telling me I need to install IIS and/or additional IIS requirements. I am unsure what it needs for this as I already installed IIS along with BITS in an earlier installation to get SCCM installed in the first place. Is there a list of which Roles pertaining to IIS need to be installed?

Thank you.

Edit: I needed "Windows Authentication" installed. You would think that would be a default install for a Microsoft product.

Thanks again.

Hello:

We´ve a WSUS and SMS 2003 infraestructure and now we are planning the migration to SCCM 2012. In WSUS case, we have defined our sttings (groups, types of updates to download, classifications...). Is there any way to translate this information to SCCM 2012? Maybe trougth export/import jobs? Programmatically?

Thanks in advance.

you could try programming it but why bother, the supported method of migrating from SMS 2003 to Configuration Manager 2012 is to migrate from SMS 2003 > ConfigMgr 2007 and then do a side-by-side migration to ConfigMgr 2012.

Perform the following on the SCCM server as SMSadmin

Update:- You no longer need to install the Windows Deployment Services Role because when you enable PXE support on the Distribution Point, the WDS Service will get installed (and configured) by ConfigMgr, so please skip this step. You can review this via the Distrmgr.log.

I fallowed this recommendation, but WDS service isn't installed and SMSboot folder is empty - there is no files in x86 and x64 folders...

any ideas?

In sccm 2007 I installed only WDS transport server and it works fine…

Hi

Do i have to share sources with Everyone ? will everything works normal if i give the Administrator and the network share account access to the sources directory ??

for god sake anyone answer this question. Is it too hard or too stupid to be answerd ?????. what i have tested is that i deleted everyone from the share the only problem is that SOME application failed to install. these application started installing immidaitely when i shared with everyone again.

So we have an SCCM RC2 Primary Site (SCCMPS1) with a separate SQL server (SCCMSQL). We would like to install WSUS on a remote server, will the following steps work:

1. Install WSUS on a remote server (SCCMWSUS) and point the database to SCCMSQL

2. Create new Site System Server (SCCMWSUS) with the SUP role and make it the active software point.

Will this work or do we have to set SCCMPS01 as the active software update point? Also will the updates be stored on SCCMPS01 or SCCMWSUS if SCCMWSUS is setup as the remote WSUS server?