run pstools.exe -s -i -d cmd

change directory to c:\program files\internet explorer

run iexplore.exe

Go to internet options

Go to conections

Go to LAN settings

Uncheck all boxes.

Reboot server

Open up SCCM and run the manual sync...and then it was off and running.

Has anyone tried using SQL Server 2012 yet? I know it's not supported, but I am building a demo platform where there are many things that we must do, which are not supported ;).

I was able to make it through the pre-req checks and complete the SCCM 2012 RTM installation on a Server 2008 R2 - non DC VM which is using a SQL Server 2012 instance running on a Server 2008 R2 - on DC VM as well. This is a standalone primary site deployment of SCCM on a single server.

I am not having any luck discovering a single machine using any of the discovery methods and so I am beginning to wonder if this could be a result of SQL 2012.

Also - Part 2 Step 2 of this guide states that you do not need to install the WDS role on the server if you plan to configure PXE boot OS deployments? TechNet seems to contradict this, so I wanted to clarify.

Thx!

SQL server 2012 is not supported so i have no idea if it will work or not, likely it won't but good luck trying,

as regards the WDS role it will be automatically installed by enabling PXE on the DP. Look at the distrmgr.log file to get details of that

SQL server 2012 is not supported so i have no idea if it will work or not, likely it won't but good luck trying,

as regards the WDS role it will be automatically installed by enabling PXE on the DP. Look at the distrmgr.log file to get details of that

I have discovery working ;)

I cannot seem to find distrmgr.log after searching the entire c: where I have SCCM deployed. Can you provide me the path to this log file? It is not in C:\Program Files\SMS_CCM\Logs where I expected to find it.

for god sake anyone answer this question. Is it too hard or too stupid to be answerd ?????. what i have tested is that i deleted everyone from the share the only problem is that SOME application failed to install. these application started installing immidaitely when i shared with everyone again.

tarzan,

Funny, cuz I just posted about this... if SMSAdmin is not given at least Modify permissions to the "sources" share, stuff doesn't work, including downloading updates. I've seen in other places that people have added Authenticated Users with Full Control, but that's not necessary and is overkill. Least privilege is to just add SMSAdmin to the share permissions and you should be fine.

Hi,

I've configured this and the updates have come down successfully. Our WSUS groups are currently published through group policy to an existing WSUS server and folders within it. I've created a test group which I've pointed to the new SCCM WSUS and created a group with the same name as specified in the GPO.

With this group now present on the new WSUS server, should this not also be populating the Software Update Groups within SCCM as all i'm getting is No items found.

Cheers

EDIT.. No need to reply, I've read up on some more posts and I was clearly still in the WSUS way of thinking.. All's clear now.

We've got installed SCCM 2012 in our environment and are very happy with it. You're information was very helpful, thank you for that.

We've installed the Software Update Point. The computers are receiving the windows 7 updates. So that's great. But when i search on a computer online for updates it founds a driver update. After a little search in google i came on this site: http://blogs.msdn.co..._2d00_2012.aspx in step 13 on this site they configure the 'software update classification' that you want to synchronize. There is a 'Driver Classification' for synchronization. But on my SUP it's not there. Do i need to install something extra?. In your tutorial 'Beta 1 and Beta 2' you can choose for driver synchronization, but in your Tutorial Release Candidate Part 2 Add SUP and WDS it's not there too.

Thanks

The tutorials here for SCCM have been life savers...

I have just installed SCCM in a disconnected network and before SCCM we would sync updates through an upstream WSUS server that we do not manage/control in a domain we also do not control. This was easy to setup in WSUS...just point to the proper IP and we got updates. I am unsure how this will work in SCCM since it does not give an obvious way to use an upstream server like WSUS does.

Any help is appreciated...

James

Aurora, CO