anyweb

using SCCM 2012 in a LAB - Part 2. Add SUP and WDS

Hi,

We have an existing WSUS server and we are installing SCCM 2012 on a separate server(Primary site, no CAS). Is it possible to integrate the existing WSUS remotely into SCCM system?

And if yes, what's the best practice to do it?

Thank you in advance.

The tile of this thread is wrong.

It should be using SCCM 2012 RC in a LAB - Part 2. Add SUP and WSUS

actually this post was originally about setting up the SUP (which involves WSUS) and Windows Deployment Services (WDS), so the Title is correct,

however this post has since been superseded with this one.

Hi Guys i saw you put that you can not join SCCM 2012 to an existing WSUS but this is one of the things advised by Microsoft in the 10747a course can you elaborate

hello all,

I'm trying to setup my lab with SCCM 2012 RTM. So far i'm not able to get any Software Updates. Below is the error i got from the WCM.log file. Can anyone help me with this error?

System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 10.33.130.120:8082~~ at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)~~ at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)~~ --- End of inner exception stack trace ---~~ at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Administration.AdminProxy.CreateUpdateServer(Object[] args)~~ at Microsoft.SystemsManagementServer.WSUS.WSUSServer.ConnectToWSUSServer(String ServerName, Boolean UseSSL, Int32 PortNumber) SMS_WSUS_CONFIGURATION_MANAGER 4/8/2013 10:36:48 AM 4816 (0x12D0)

Also here's the error from the wsyncmgr.log .

Sync failed: WSUS update source not found on site IVT. Please refer to WCM.log for configuration error details.. Source: getSiteUpdateSource SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER 4/8/2013 11:01:24 AM 4832 (0x12E0)
STATMSG: ID=6703 SEV=E LEV=M SOURCE="SMS Server" COMP="SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER" SYS=IRKWSCCM02.amno.corp.bshg.com SITE=IVT PID=2420 TID=4832 GMTDATE=Mon Apr 08 18:01:24.794 2013 ISTR0="getSiteUpdateSource" ISTR1="WSUS update source not found on site IVT. Please refer to WCM.log for configuration error details." ISTR2="" ISTR3="" ISTR4="" ISTR5="" ISTR6="" ISTR7="" ISTR8="" ISTR9="" NUMATTRS=0 SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER 4/8/2013 11:01:24 AM 4832 (0x12E0)

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 10.33.130.120:8082

did you check the firewall and proxy settings ?

Hi Niall,

Thank you for response. I've checked the settings again and it was because i mistakenly enter the wrong port for WSUS configuration. It is now synchronizing. :)

sync: WSUS synchronizing updates, processed 1387 out of 60566 items (2%), ETA in 05:10:02 SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER 4/8/2013 3:06:46 PM 3168 (0x0C60)
Thank you very much for your help and for providing such a great and informative site.

Hi,

I have installed SC 2012 SP1 + SQL Server 2012 CU2e

I followed the following guide:

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4427-using-sccm-2012-rc-in-a-lab-part-2-add-sup-and-wds/

And when Sync Failed, what could be went wrong?

I have copied the logs+screenshot, and would be thankful if someone can give expert advise.

Here is link : http://sdrv.ms/13kmHBQ

post-4293-0-90968100-1375210834_thumb.png

post-4293-0-27742300-1375210845_thumb.png

WCM.log

WCM.log

I have set MICROSOFT as source , but still same problem.

Hello,

I am following the instructions here:

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4427-using-sccm-2012-rc-in-a-lab-part-2-add-sup-and-wds/

But this is referring to WSUS on a server 2008 computer and the instructions are similar. Installing WSUS on server 2012 is different to the above instructions, so I followed the steps below:

Installed WSUS 2012 according the steps in the website below:

http://prajwaldesai.com/installing-wsus-for-configuration-manager-2012-r2/

(After doing this there was no WSUS website in iis and there was no database entry in SQL??)

I Then created the SUP role in SCCM following the guide in the top link (or below again)

The SUP role is there in SCCM. That seems to be fine.

Before I get too carried away:

I installed SQL 2012 / SCCM 2012, then WSUS, because that is what the Windows-noob guides said to do. But does WSUS 3.0 Service pack need to be installed or not? Can that even be installed on server 2012? I have taken a snapshot before installing WSUS so I can easily revert if I need to.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Ok, when i installed wsus again (reverted to check point) I opened wsus and i had to put in the DB instance. This allowed 'dbsus' to appear under databases in sql 12, iis also got the wsus website.

I didnt install 'WID database', just 'database' when installing wsus.

Once that was done I opened wsus, entered the server name that had sql12 installed (full fqdn) clicked ok, once that was done i exited the wsus pre config wizard, because that is done when you setup the Sup role in sccm.

Now I am having trouble syncing updates in sccm with going straight to microsoft.

UPDATE:

WSUS in iis uses 8350,

Does WSUS need to be on the default website to work? Or no.

Everything appears to be syncing now...

But it is going to take around 4 days 10 hours : 40Min : 45 sec (last time I checked) to complete according to the wsyncmgr.log

Can I cancel and select less products? Can I select less products while it is syncing?

Hello,

Please help me on below issue

My client systems had automatically updated before deploying the patches trough SCCM 2012.

We are running SCCM 2012 R2 in a offline closed network. We have another SCCM 2012 R2 server that is online that we use to get updates from Microsoft. We export the patches from out online machines to our offline machine and then patch our offline network. We just recently discovered that we have a problem with getting all of our updates. I get the feeling that the product list is not being updated on our offline machine and that it is missing MS Server 2012 R2. I say that because on our online machine we can see that there are patches for MS Server 2012 R2 for MS14-029, but our offline machine is missing the MS Server 2012 R2 patches. So my questions are 1) Is there a way to see the product list in the SUP and 2) How do I update the product list in the SUP?

Thanks

Thank you for the excellent info, do you also have a guide updated to for SCCM 2012 R2 + Server 2012 + SQL 2012? WSUS is now a role rather than a separate install for Server 2012 so there are a few differences regarding prerequisites and install processes.

Please Help Me

Attempting connection to WSUS server: SCCM2012.Server2008R2.lab.local, port: 8530, useSSL: False	SMS_WSUS_CONFIGURATION_MANAGER	2/25/2015 4:27:36 PM	5368 (0x14F8)
System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 10.10.10.14:8530~~   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)~~   at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)~~   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---~~   at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Administration.AdminProxy.CreateUpdateServer(Object[] args)~~   at Microsoft.SystemsManagementServer.WSUS.WSUSServer.ConnectToWSUSServer(String ServerName, Boolean UseSSL, Int32 PortNumber)	SMS_WSUS_CONFIGURATION_MANAGER	2/25/2015 4:27:39 PM	5368 (0x14F8)
Remote configuration failed on WSUS Server.	SMS_WSUS_CONFIGURATION_MANAGER	2/25/2015 4:27:39 PM	5368 (0x14F8)
STATMSG: ID=6600 SEV=E LEV=M SOURCE="SMS Server" COMP="SMS_WSUS_CONFIGURATION_MANAGER" SYS=SCCM2012.Server2008R2.lab.local SITE=P01 PID=3136 TID=5368 GMTDATE=Thu Feb 26 00:27:39.805 2015 ISTR0="SCCM2012.Server2008R2.lab.local" ISTR1="" ISTR2="" ISTR3="" ISTR4="" ISTR5="" ISTR6="" ISTR7="" ISTR8="" ISTR9="" NUMATTRS=0	SMS_WSUS_CONFIGURATION_MANAGER	2/25/2015 4:27:39 PM	5368 (0x14F8)
Setting new configuration state to 3 (WSUS_CONFIG_FAILED)	SMS_WSUS_CONFIGURATION_MANAGER	2/25/2015 4:27:39 PM	5368 (0x14F8)
Waiting for changes for 28 minutes	SMS_WSUS_CONFIGURATION_MANAGER	2/25/2015 4:27:39 PM	5368 (0x14F8)

where are you attempting thiat from and is your server really using that fqdn ?