anyweb

using SCCM 2012 in a LAB - Part 4. Configuring Client Settings and adding roles

I am not able to install the client to DC.

and getting the following in the ccmsetup.log:

GetDPLocations failed with error 0x80072ee7 ccmsetup

Failed to get DP locations as the expected version from MP 'SCCM-RC.server2008r2.lab.local'. Error 0x80072ee7 ccmsetup (0x0FC8)

ClientInstall is a local admin.

firewall is off.

Not sure what i need to check?>

Thank you,

I appear to be having a similar issue!

Windows 2008 R2 SP1 + +SQL 2008 R2 SP1 U4 + SCCM 2012 RC (v 5.0.7703.0)

Problem install client on some Windows XP SP3:

Some computers can not install the client with error:

<![LOG[Failed to get DP locations as the expected version from MP 'sccm2012.domain.ru'. Error 0x0]LOG]!><time="15:56:40.114-420" date="03-21-2012" component="ccmsetup" context="" type="2" thread="2824" file="ccmsetup.cpp:9542">

DP is included in the boundary group "General".

The foolowing boundaries are members of General boundary group: Default-First-Site-Name and domain.ru/Default-First-Site-Name/192.168.3.0/24

Clients also are included in these boundaries: Default-First-Site-Name and domain.ru/Default-First-Site-Name/192.168.3.0/24

On most clients established client SCCM. Only SOME are not established. They have the same domain, the same ip network, the same server SCCM. Hence the problem on the client. The question is how to troubleshoot it?

How to resolve?

It my post on Microsoft: http://innovation.co...x?ThreadId=6027

Hi

having the 404 issues as well with my SCCM install

now it appears that the CMApplicationCatalog folder for IIS is not being created hence the 404 reference

soai60.png

I have reinstalled the Application services and also tried the ASP. Net 4 enable command and still hasnt fixed it, im now out of ideas as i have followed all parts of the tutorial to this point

Here is the IIS Structure

1zn8uqa.png

It appears that even though i have the components installed i have no trace of logs or components in the system itself

Troubleshooting your Application Catalog

If your test is not successful, check the status messages for the following components - (does not exist in Administration > Monitoring > Component Status)

• SMS_PORTALWEB_CONTROL_MANAGER
  • SMS_AWEBSVC_CONTROL_MANAGER

You can also check the following logs - (does not exist anywhere on the machine)

• SMSAWEBSVCSetup.log
  • SMSPORTALWEBSetup.log
  • awebsvcMSI.log
  • portlwebMSI.log

EDIT: sorted it out had to run the commands in the log files manually after the services were removed so i could readd them

I'm getting a 404 error too for the CMApplicationCatalog too. What did you do to fix this? I've uninstalled both Application roles and reinstalled them. Can someone help me out?

Solved my own problem, had to reactivate .NET framework http://blogg.alltomdeployment.se/2011/11/404-error-server-error-on-cmapplicationcatalog-sccm-2012/

I got the clients installed via client push but 3/4 of the systems don't have a site code when you open configuration manager icon in control panel. Using "configure Settings" under the "site" tab, then "find site"- fails with "Configuration Manager did not find a site to manage this client"

Schema is extended on the test environment. Clients show the correct site code in the sccm console but "NO" for "client"

Please advise