ysleong

How to Assign Drive Letters to Volumes C:

Question

Hi ,

i'm using the OSD with SCCM MDT and working fine. Even though i already specific logical drive letter to C: in my TS, but seem like everytime during finish OSD, the active drive letter it chooses is always D: and not C: . Can you please advise how can i solve this issue.

Many Thanks

2 answers to this question

Are you using the .wim from the installation media.

Use a task sequence to create a reference PC, capture that to a .wim and use that .wim in your OSD process.

Microsoft made the original install.wim files on the DVD from the D:\.

SO if you install those you get a D:\ for your OS.

look at this technet blog why it happens http://blogs.technet.com/b/inside_osd/archive/2007/08/08/why-does-vista-end-up-on-the-d-drive.aspx

• Like 1

Hi Eswar,

Thanks for your great explanation. :)

Yes,i'm using .wim from the W7 installation media.

I have tried before using the TS to captured an OS images from reference pc and use that .wim in my OSD process by refer to the link http://www.opsvault.com/how-to-manually-capture-an-os-image-using-configmgr/ .

But my TS process end up with the window blue screen and error with "Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause" after the state Post Install- setup windows and configmgr .

Is it any wrong with that captured image ?

Please advice.

Thanks