jeaubain

Hotfix KB 977384 for updating to R3 on a remote console.

Question

Trying to install r3 remote console gets error Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R3 requires Configuration Manager 2007 QFE KB977384

Spent quite a while trying to get this hotfix installed so I could install the updated R3 console on my windows 7 machine. When I would run the msi I would get the following error “Software Update for ConfigMgr 2007 SP2 (KB977384) Setup Wizard ended prematurely”. Here is how I finally got it installed

hold shift

right click on the file

select run as different user

use administrator credentials

follow the prompts

install completes

(note this was the actual hotfix msi file 6,100 kb, not the msp )

I find it strange since the account that was failing was a network administrators account.

Julius

1 answer to this question

Hi,

With UAC activein Windows 7 / Windows 2008 r2 you will have to elevate the installation process, I normally start a command prompt with run as a administrator and then launch all installations from there..

regards,

Jörgen