weestu79

SCCM 2007 R2 - Capture and Build Win 7 enterprise w/SP1 - WinSetup.dll error

Question

Hello

I've playing with SCCM for a couple of weeks now and now feel I'm starting to get to grips with it. I'm trying to do an OS capture and build, as per the Windows 7 guide on this website. I'm using the default boot images that come with SCCM. I want to deploy Windows 7 Enterprise (with SP1) and I thought I was almost there...

When running the capture and build (from PXE), it boots in to Windows PE and shortly after that I receive the following error...

\\SLABSC1.SLAB.LOCA\SPSPKGE$\EDI00038\SOURCES\WinSetup.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contacy your system administrator or the software vendor for support.

I've also attached a screenshot of the error, and also the smste.log file, which doesn't really help for this message.

Has anyone seen this before, or have any ideas? I tried to replace the WinSetup.dll file with a copy from another disk (same versions), but same problem. I though it might have been a corruption.

Thanks,

Stuart

post-12010-0-48944600-1320361658_thumb.jpg

smsts.log

1 answer to this question