capriguy84

How to run a BATCH file in a Program(pkgs)

Question

Hi,

I am confused with the online documentation on running a batch file from in a TS. Basically, I am installing a software using batch file.

My package source contains: app.exe, configfile.ini, regfix.reg, INSTALL.bat.

I'd like to create a program to just run the bathc file which works on the config files & exe. So after some online ref. I used below format but it does not work.

commandline: %~dp0INSTALL.bat

Any ideas?

5 answers to this question

I am new to SCCM, and i'm having problems with a batch file running automatically from cache on a Windows 7 machine,

I created a package with two programs, both are set to deploy locally and run from cache, using a unc path and to run with admin rights and to deploy whether the users logged in or not.

I have set the main program to run the msi and transform file via a command line which runs and installs fine.

The problem is with the second linked program, its a batch file, with a simple xcopy command such as xcopy "%~dp0Redirect.txt "c:\program files\example"

It fails to execute automatically, although it runs ok manually when I run as administrator and I understand the UAC comes into force since

I want to copy a file into the Program Files area, although I thought deploying/running the program with admin rights from SCCM would resolve this, is there anything I'm missing?