H0B0Byter99

Existing WSUS Installation

I have an existing WSUS installation and it's running on the same server that I have sccm 2007 r2 running on. What do I need to do to unconfigure WSUS to be optimal. I read briefly some one mentioning removing the role and then adding it again not configuring it the 2nd time. Is this the way to do it? Currently sccm 2007 is managing updates (I think) but when I open Update Services I get the following view (see attached) when I open All updates. So, it looks as though WSUS is managing updates. What do I need to do to get this straight? Thanks for your help and I tried to include all important information that I knew to include.

post-12304-0-09771500-1320453407_thumb.jpg

I followed what you said, along with the other guides on this website and I'm now getting this error:

SMS WSUS Synchronization failed. Message: WSUS server not configured. Source: CWSyncMgr::DoSync. The operating system reported error 2147500037: Unspecified error

Any ideas? Thanks!

UPDATE: A reboot of the server fixed the error. So far so good!!!! Thanks guys!

The guide I followed to uninstall WSUS is here: http://blogs.technet.com/b/sus/archive/2008/11/05/how-to-manually-remove-all-of-wsus.aspx Microsoft doesn't support the tool anymore but you can still find it for downloading here: http://majorgeeks.com/downloadget.php?id=4459&file=15&evp=fe1c76da3437592326a3d668d72bf8f5