anyweb

using SCCM 2012 in a LAB - Part 5. Enable the Endpoint Protection Role and configure Endpoint Protection settings

yes, choose the Dashboard report in the Endpoint Protection category, then select Antimalware Policy application status on computers, and drill further into that report by clicking on the graph itself

Hi Guys,

Is there any reason why i should create a new auto deployment rule on the CAS rather than the primary?

I have an existing definitions package and not sure if i should create the new auto deployment rule on the CAS or Primary.

The Original rule was created on the CAS for XP machines.

I want to create another for a new Windows 7 collection.

thanks

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to this. I just want to ask if it's possible to use the Endpoint Protection only in SCCM 2012? For example: I'm going to install tha agent manually on a standalone workstation ( not connected to a SCCM 2012 console or server ) but with internet connection. The workstation will only use the Endpoint Protection.

Thanks in advance. =')

Jo Em

Hi

I've followed all the steps that you described in this web page and executed without failure, but I don't know why this downloaded arond 150MB and made around 58 carpets

Also I don't understand this:

In addition Everytime this ADR runs it will want to create a new deployment package as specified above, we do not want this to happen so after running the ADR once, retire it and create a new ADR except this time point the deployment package to the packaged which is now created called Endpoint Protection Definition Updates.

I nos sure about this if after made the first ADR, I have to delete it and create a new one with the same parameters? may be to avoid duplicate the files... Which is the difference with the first one that I've created?

Thanks!

Hi

thanks for the write up. Will the auto deployment rule which we created in Step 4 deploy defenition updates to the client computers automatically. i noticed that the definition is different in the EP running on SCCM server and in Win 7. I guess this is due to the fact the the SCCM server is not included in the EP deployment collection. Please someone can correct me if I am wrong?

thanks

AJ