anyweb

using SCCM 2012 in a LAB - Part 5. Enable the Endpoint Protection Role and configure Endpoint Protection settings

After i install the endpoint protection role, a lot of directorys with names like b369baaf8309393616b0c603 or 9175ae59d3c48a95de05 are created in the root of the D drive, every hour i get a new folder.

And no more extra folders are created when i remove the role.

Hi Anyweb,

I too have everything setup acording to your guide but the definition updates does not install. I have changed the setting in 'step 4 User Experience' to display in Software Center, and I can see a new Definition file every 8 hours.

But that is as long as it goes, it never installs.

Another question is regarding the ADR, is it suppose to clean up the older definitions from the package, or will I have to do that manually?

/KL_Dane

My test server is a member of a device collection 'Monthly Windows Updates', which has a maintenance window for the second thursday of every month between 22.00 and 03.00.

When i remove this maintenance window, the definitions begin to install at once!

So I ask; If a server is a member of a device collection with a maintenance window and member of another device collection without a maintenance window. Does the maintenance window from the first device collection take precedence on the server, thus preventing deployment without maintenance window on the second device collection?

How do I configure my 2 device collections, so that monthly updates will install on the second thursday of every month between 22.00 and 03.00, and my Endpoint Protection Definitions will install as soon as they become available?

/KL_Dane

Every maintenance windows, configured on a collection, in which the device exists, is applicable.

To install the definition updates immediately make sure that you make some adjustments to the User Experience. Make sure that you configure the Deadline behavior to allow Software updates installation.

I don't see any updates, I have fully sync'd WSUS but it doesn't show any updates.

I opened the WSUS console and it shows like 14,000 but when I open SCCM it says "No items found"

Not sure why.

Internet connectivity is good. Domain connectivity is good.

Not sure what the problem is. i followed every thing you wrote here.

BTW thank you for this step by step. IT's awesome.