anyweb

using SCCM 2012 in a LAB - Part 6. Deploying Software Updates

OK, my Win7 client has downloaded all the Windows Updates at last, I can see the folders and content in the C:\Windows\CCMCACHE folder.

It has not, however installed them at present. The UpdatesStore.log lists them all and has 'Status=Missing' which I believe indicates they are required. I have no time window set for these to install, just ASAP, should I expect them to install straight away or is there some other process the client is waiting for before these updates all get installed?

Well tickle me with a feather and call me Susan, it is actually working - at last Control panel has some new updates listed, and it is still running msiexec so I am assuming the other updates are all being processed. Win :)

• Like 1

Great step by step setup/documentation!

I have a question, for Forefront Endpoint protection, do you have to download the definition files via WSUS and/or SCCM12?

Can you set it up such that, the client/users machine will download it self?

My problem is, SCCM12 is seeing the definition files, however I am unable to deploy them, as I get an access denied response. Please see below:

SCCM12_Deployment_Error.png%20upload%20images"]http://SCCM12_Deployment_Error.png upload images[/url]

The server where SCCM12 resides on, as full access to the "WSUS/content" files...

I currently use WSUS to deploy updates and have the servers and settings set with group policy. I'm starting to test the method with SCCM. What do I need to change in my group policy so that it uses my SCCM servers for updates instead of WSUS? I don't want to undo all the settings since I don't want my clients going to Microsoft for updates, nor do I want them being notified of them before I approve the updates.

How do I do this?

Anyone?

Hello,

I’m having problems with Software Update inside CM2012…I’ve set it up to only to get win7 updates… all the updates were retrieved correctly under Software Library->Software Updates-> All Software…. the thing is though that there is no compliance status…all the updates have status Unknown for some reason… and I’m wondering if it supposed to be like that.. Even if I deploy a package the update is under Unknown category (no errors or anything) and with status “client check passed/Active” for each machine and never installs any update… even after I left it to run for more than 10 days.

My setup is following:

WSUS on windows server 2008 R2 installed on ports 8530/8531

Configuration Manager 2012 installed on port 80/443

No group policy applied

All relevant logs not showing any errors or something to indicate that there is a problem.

When I open WSUS console all the settings from Configuration Manager were applied correctly…all the “Installed, Not Applicable”, “Needed” etc status are displayed also correctly.

On client machines logs looks also okay no errors or anything weird (UpdatesStore.log even receives the list of deployed updates)

Any ideas as to where to look or where the problem might be…

Thanks

Hello:

I have a lab where we are making a migration process from SMS and WSUS to SCCM 2012. I have a problema with WSUS migration. In the SCCM 2012 primary site I have installed and configured WSUS and SUP role. I made the followind proc: export the wsus metadata in the actual wsus server, move the WsusContent directory and then import the wsus metadata in the WSUS server in the lab. After these steps I´m able to view the updates trought the WSUS console in the SCCM 2012 server, but I can´t see these information in the SCCM console. As we are in a lab environment we don´t have internet connection, so we can´t connect to Windows Update. Which is the way to see the updates i have in the SCCM 2012 console?

Any help would be appreciated.

Ivan

in the Administration workspace, Servers and Site System Roles, select your server hosting the SUP role, click on software update point, done.