anyweb

using SCCM 2012 in a LAB - Part 7. Build and Capture Windows 7 X64

i followed your guide twice in 2 different labs and both time i got with the following error. i can not pxe boot. WDS services can not start

when i try to start it manuelly i get:

The Windows Deployment Services Server service failed to start due to the following error:
A privilege that the service requires to function properly does not exist in the service account configuration. You may use the Services Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in (services.msc) and the Local Security Settings MMC snap-in (secpol.msc) to view the service configuration and the account configuration.

i followed your guide twice in 2 different labs and both time i got with the following error. i can not pxe boot. WDS services can not start

when i try to start it manuelly i get:

The Windows Deployment Services Server service failed to start due to the following error:
A privilege that the service requires to function properly does not exist in the service account configuration. You may use the Services Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in (services.msc) and the Local Security Settings MMC snap-in (secpol.msc) to view the service configuration and the account configuration.

never mind. i manged to fix it.

Remove PXE services (uncheck)

restart the server

start WDS services

install PXE services

done!

never mind. i manged to fix it.

Remove PXE services (uncheck)

restart the server

start WDS services

install PXE services

done!

If you do another server restart, after your last step, does the WDS service start again?

I followed your steps, and WDS service started, but when I kept on doing server reboots, the WDS service gets stuck on "Starting". I believe there's a RC1 bug with PXE; I don't have this issue in Beta 2 lab, only with RC1. I have yet to be able to get PXE to work properly.

So long as I remove the PXE checkmark from SCCM, the WDS service starts up again properly. As soon as I re-enable the PXE checkmark in SCCM, and I reboot the server...WDS service doesn't come up (it gets stuck in Starting...).

I went as far as re-installing Win2K8 R2 on my lab and going through all the LABs, and the issue persists.

I seem to be having almost the same issue. I also double checked the steps shown above. The message I'm getting is: PXE-E53: No boot filename received PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel PXE ROM Operating System not found This message definitely seems to point something in CM, maybe I did miss something, but I just can't pin point it.

Okay, so there is known bug that may cause the above message in your environment.

If you have access to Microsoft Connect, then you can see the reported RC1 bug here.

Bug occurs as soon as PXE is enabled on RC1. There is a workaround to manually force PXE to work again, here are the steps:

1. Disable PXE from Distribution Point in SCCM (uncheck PXE)
  2. Manually start WDS service if it's not running

1. If service is hung up on "Starting", reboot your SCCM server
    2. Upon reboot, the WDS service most likely has started automatically

[*]Enable PXE from Distribution Point in SCCM (check PXE)

[*]If you have to reboot the server, you must do steps 1-3 all over again

Hope this helps!

I am getting the following error for Step 9 (enable the network access account):

"Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than user name, are not allowed. Disconnect

all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800704C3)."

I am usingusername DOMAIN\SCCMNAA and the network share is \\sccm\sources

I get this error after I click Test connection.

Anyway to resolve this error?

Thanks,

Mark

Hi:

Thanks. Canceling out of the wizard and starting again fix my issue.

I am getting the bug that n00blar posted - when I need to reboot my SCCM server I need to uncheck enable PXE. When the server comes back I re-enable this option.

Unfortunately though in my setup I always get these errors:

PXE-E53: No boot filename received

PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel PXE ROM

I asked my networking team to add the SCCM server's ip address to the Cisco routers ip-helper tables.

When I was running just the standalone WDS, PXE worked (ip-helper address was the same as the SCCM).

Mark

I am getting the following error for Step 9 (enable the network access account):

"Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than user name, are not allowed. Disconnect

all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800704C3)."

I am usingusername DOMAIN\SCCMNAA and the network share is \\sccm\sources

I get this error after I click Test connection.

Anyway to resolve this error?

Thanks,

Mark

Hi:

Thanks. Canceling out of the wizard and starting again fix my issue.

I am getting the bug that n00blar posted - when I need to reboot my SCCM server I need to uncheck enable PXE. When the server comes back I re-enable this option.

Unfortunately though in my setup I always get these errors:

PXE-E53: No boot filename received

PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel PXE ROM

I asked my networking team to add the SCCM server's ip address to the Cisco routers ip-helper tables.

When I was running just the standalone WDS, PXE worked (ip-helper address was the same as the SCCM).

Mark

I did have the same PXE-E53 problem, my problem was solved by disable the

"require a password when computers use PXE" on PXE tab in the properties of my Distribution Point.

The problem then of course is that it's possible to accidentally reinstall a computer.

Hope this helps!

Wouter Beens

interesting, of course you can still password protect your task sequence and remember, this is Release Candidate, ie: it's not finished yet ! so keep submitting any bugs encountered on Connect.