anyweb

using SCCM 2012 in a LAB - Part 7. Build and Capture Windows 7 X64

Ok, I built a new VM of SCCM from scratch and followed everything listed here. I cannot get PXE to boot. Still getting the abortpxe.com error. What e;se should I check, I'm pulling my hair here... 2 servers later and PXE still gives me abortpxe.com. HELP! >_<

Hi. Im having problems with the capture itself. The task sequence runs fine, and deploys windows with updates and everything, but after the restart it doesn't continue the process. Just leaves me with a windows finished installing.

Do you mean the "Deploy this boot image from the PXE service point"? If so, then yes, they are checked/enabled.

Just to experiment, I made another VM Server and configured just plain WDS, no SCCM install attempt. I updated DHCP options 66 and 67 to use this new WDS server as the PXE and boot image point. Both the VMware machine and Dell Optiplex 755 I deployed to PXE booted fine, prompted for the F12 and booted into Windows7 Setup correctly.

So, I don't know what's going wrong with the SCCM server, it's just not cooperating - as I don't even touch the WDS console to modify anything and let SCCM do the configurations when the roles are added.

It's taken me a few days but finally, it is now capturing the image :)

Turns out I had an issue with the server firewall that was blocking any connections so the final stage of capture could not connect to the server share. Now that is resolved the captured image is being stored as I type! Fingers crossed this is one of the last hurdles to this superb bit of software, further kudos for writing these guides, they've been invaluable!