anyweb

using SCCM 2012 in a LAB - Part 7. Build and Capture Windows 7 X64

Hi,

First of all I'd like to say this is a great guide.

Secondly, I need help as I am getting the exact same error as amvsnorc, namely:

20120126131456.png

I have been stuck on this for the past few days now and ready to pull my hair out. I've tried recreating the task sequence, the client package, etc. I've tried re-deploying. I've tried stop/starting the WDS service, DHCP service, the server itself, but I still keep getting the same error.

Please can somebody help!!

this error usually means it's already passed the PXE section and has got as far as trying to boot from the hard disc but cannot as there aren't any boot files on the disc yet...

so reboot and verify if you are indeed seeing any PXE related messages, if so what do they say

Hello all, i recived this error 0×80070091 During USMT of windows 7 X64 (SCCM 2012 RC)

After research, this is a known issue with x64 and this info should be added in "SCCM 2012 RC Part 8 - Deploying Windows 7 x64"

Just after the step Capture User Files and Settings, add a step "Run Command Line' with as commandd: cmd /c REG Unload HKLM\$DEST$Software

Information taken from http://sccm.haas.se/?p=272

Your stap by step documentation is really wonderful ! thanks

Hi,

I'm running SCCM 2012 RTM. Going well so far apart from this big that I cannot seem to solve. I've followed all steps in part 7 of this guide and this is what I get....

post-15911-0-79407100-1336121070_thumb.png

So I press F12, but then I get this...

post-15911-0-83418800-1336121071_thumb.png

My DHCP server is on a different server than my SCCM server, these are both on the same subnet. My client is on a seperate subnet to the servers. I've had PXE boot working fine using standard WDS with MDT, but just can't get this working... heres my DHCP options...

post-15911-0-38229200-1336121072_thumb.png

Any help would be great!!!

Thanks

Hi Niall!

As promice i post my questions here:

1. Can you properly tell how distribute Windows Updates in work environment with SCCM 2012? Not deploy to captured image, but administering it same simle as i can do it with WSUS? What about Drivers, Tools, other updates from WSUS categories???

2. In your LAB you use Build and Capture scenario, but in work environment i have to make some changes on Windows (change settings, interface, install programs, put shortcuts). In MDT i can use Sysprep and Capture scenario. When i wrote this post i found pinned topik about this http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5070-how-can-i-capture-an-image-using-capture-media-in-configmgr-2012/

but then i have other question: what profit from using SCCM to capture image, if i can't do this with PXE boot? I can do bootble ISO myself and use ImageX whitout SCCM....

3. In my work environment suddenly in users Software Center appeared as update 'Build and Capture Windows 2008 Server' (i forgot to check option Do not show in Software Center) and when user choose 'Install All', his notebook disk was formated. How it could be, user do not know password for PXE boot ?

Sorry my English.

Thank for you understanding!