anyweb

using SCCM 2012 in a LAB - Part 7. Build and Capture Windows 7 X64

The execution of the group (Build the Reference Machine) has failed and the execution has been aborted. An action failed.

Operation aborted (Error: 80004004; Source: Windows)

this is my new error.......

can you help me?

THanks for help but using google traslator i don't understand nothing

can you explain me what do i do?

I hate this software.....

Ok, I will try help you

1. Go to Configuration Manager Console

2. Administration - Hierarchy Configuration - Boundary Groups and Create Boundary Group

3. Enter Boundary Group name and add all right boundary

4. Click Apply and OK

5. Must work :)

p.s. sorry my bad english, good luck!

Finally managed to crack it. Posting here for others with the same issue. Basically, further down in your guide, you've got:

if you get any errors about packages not being found then enable the following setting in Data Access for all packages in your task sequence including the boot image:- copy the contents in this package to a package share on distribution points

post-1-0-94235500-1320659351.png

Note: once you have enabled the setting above your Deployment distribution settings gets a new drop down menu choice, access content directly from a distribution point when needed by the running task sequence

post-1-0-75319600-1320674392.png

and then try again.. our client is being built

I did this and hey presto, it worked, woo hoo!!

You may want to move this bit further up in your guide, as people like me who experience these errors, will not read further on and see the above until they've got the issue sorted.

Thanks

Did this solve the PXE boot problem for you? And you only had to tick this on your boot image?

Hello!

First off, thanks for the guide. It's much appreciated.

I'm running SCCM 2012 the released version, but figured that this guide might apply anyway and so far it's working great.

I've got some issues with the PXE booting and it's bugging me out.

I've got my AD computers in the All Systems collection and i've made a seperate "test" collection that everything is deployed and hooked up to.

The issue now is that when i Add an existing computer from the All systems collection, to my 'IT test' collection i cannot boot with PXE. Although if i "Import computer information" and take the exact same machine, but enter the mac address etc. and tells it to join the 'IT test' collection, then i can PXE boot every time, even with different machines.

I can see the difference for the machines down in the informations tab when i've targeted it. In the 'Active Directory Site Name' field it says "Default First Site Name" for the ones from All systems and "Manual Machine Entry" for the ones i imported.

Any help out there?

Thanks!

HI administrator,

thank you so much for your guides been a great help!! i'am just having issues with PXE please see attachment, just not sure what is causing this if you could point me in the right direction will be a great help.

thank you so much

Artik.post-11352-0-96795400-1340844481_thumb.jpg

I am facing an error 80040102 during the task squence .

in smstslog it says content location for ses00001.8 failed than failed to resolve packageID=null than it also says failed to resolve selected task sequence dependencies. Can any 1 assist me with this please.

I updated my DP and all the package id exist there

than recreated all the packages but still the same error

I am facing an error code 80040102 after choosing my task sequence.

It satys in smsts.log: The content location for ses00001.8 failed than failed to resolve packageID=null than it also says failed to resolve selected task sequence dependencies. Can any 1 assist me with this please.

I updated my DP and all the package id exist there

than recreated all the packages but still the same error