anyweb

using SCCM 2012 in a LAB - Part 7. Build and Capture Windows 7 X64

These are some awesome tutorials!!! Thank you! I have a question about PXE booting but it is not because I am receiving an error. I have my computer to set to boot to the network device first on every boot. What I am seeing is it will start the build and capture, as soon as the image is brought down and installed the pc will reboot. At this point it will pxe boot again which it shouldn't do. I can change the boot order to boot from the hard drive and that will resolve the issue but as I am working on eventually making this fully automated without the need to be at the computer. I have to wonder, Is there a way around this? Shouldn't it only PXE boot once after it starts the task sequence? I am probably missing something very simple here. I have done a lot of googling and have not found any answers but it could be I am just typing the wrong keywords. Thanks for everything!

well unless you actually press F12 it should timeout and continue with the next boot device, the hard disc, so is it ? (after displaying the PXE boot menu....)

Actually I am working on setting up a zero touch deploy. I would like to have it so i can add a computer or computers to a collection and it will kick off. I have replaced the pxe boot files with the *.n12 file so no F12 is required and also have it set so each computer would boot from the network as the first boot device. I have not seen anybody do a full zero touch deploy in sccm 2012 yet so was hoping to find a solution to the infinite boot loop. :)

Problem PXE-boot.

I got the PXE-E53 no filenname....

When I follow the SMSPXE.log I see this "error"

Client boot action reply: <ClientIDReply><Identification Unknown="0" ItemKey="16777534" ServerName="" ServerRemoteName=""><Machine><ClientID/><NetbiosName/></Machine></Identification><PXEBootAction LastPXEAdvertisementID="" LastPXEAdvertisementTime="" OfferID="" OfferIDTime="" PkgID="" PackageVersion="" PackagePath="" BootImageID="" Mandatory=""/></ClientIDReply>

Where the ItemKey is a key already used by another computer. If I delete all computers from my "Windows 7 Collection" the PXE booting works like a charm. So im pretty much stuck here.

It must be something with the resource id´s. Because it works as I said when I delete all the computers and all the recource id´s are deleted with the computers.

(I see no errors in my distmgr)

Anyone else seen this problem and can help me to solve it?

In the same boat as some others posted before though their fixes i already had in place.

Error relates to TSPxe after i select my task sequence in pxe i get an error " Cannot find package xxxx on your distribution point"

from the logs

Content location request for AKL00004:3 failed (Code 0x80040102)

From the previous replies

DNS is fine

I have created a boundary and a boundary group which points to the boundary that to linked to the dp.

I have "Updated the Distribution Points" on my x64 Boot image,(AKL00004), packages, ts etc.. and ran a verification which verified that it was on the dp.

I have created another Task sequence to no avail, same error.

post-17333-0-69933600-1346398885_thumb.png

Actually I am working on setting up a zero touch deploy. I would like to have it so i can add a computer or computers to a collection and it will kick off. I have replaced the pxe boot files with the *.n12 file so no F12 is required and also have it set so each computer would boot from the network as the first boot device. I have not seen anybody do a full zero touch deploy in sccm 2012 yet so was hoping to find a solution to the infinite boot loop. :)

if you want it to be zero touch then you should make your deployments Required (mandatory) but be very very careful doing so, only target these task sequences to Deploy OS collections and never to collections containing lots of computers (like All Systems)