anyweb

using SCCM 2012 in a LAB - Part 7. Build and Capture Windows 7 X64

Looks like I was confusiong two different problems as one. I had to add the windows 7 install.wim to the operating system images I was then able to select it in the task sequence. Im still not sure about the errors in my log file though...

Hi, I'm trying to creat the task sequence for capturing the image and that, (step 6). However when I go to add the Operating system image I get nothing to choose from. So in the Select an Operating System Image step I just get There are no items to show in this view. Any ideas what could be causing this?

that's because this guide was created before SP1 was released, SP1 changed the way that build and capture works, if you want to see the new process look at the guides below

hi all

Ran into this, only reason I found out was because I couldn't press F8 in my deploy task,. I have tried searching the error string, but have not found anything useful ... Has anyone encountered the same error?

Error setting property (TransformAnalysisDate) 0x80041002!

Error setting property (TransformReadiness) 0x80041002!

I know this is over a year old but I'm getting this exact same error during the creation of my MDT Task Sequence. What does this even mean?

I appreciate your recommendations on using sccm 2012 sp1.

the question i have is: we have been using Acronis to capture our master image for our school system. It has all the drivers onboard for all of our machine models

plus all the software we use in our system.

what i am trying to do is to use either a capture media or a capture task sequence to capture our master image after we run sysprep and shut machine down.

Our sysprep has a good unattend.xml file which lets us name machine at restart and auto joins our domain with local admin active with p/w

So far I have been able to do this sucessfully with imageX on a bootable cd by capturing volume d: to either external hdd or to a network share.

How can I do this with sccm2012 so I don't have to use the command prompt to do the imageX.

All I want to do is capture the OS volume after I run sysprep.

Thanks for all your great suggestions and instructions.

dac

Hi guys,

little help?

When I import computer information into my build and capture device collection, I put in the machine name and the MAC address of the virtual machine. Thing is, no matter how long I wait, the machine never shows in the build and capture collection view. It shows in "Devices", but never appears in the Build / Capture list.

Any ideas?

Also, when I come to step 10, I check to see if my WDS service has started, but it just says "starting" with all stop, start, restart options greyed out. It's hung, how can I resolve that?

Thanks

This happened to me as well and I had to force the machine to show. But you can try to:

1. right click on the collection and click "Update membership" and then press yes on the pop up box.

If that doesn't work

2.Go to > Assets and Compliance > deivices > find the computer you just imported and right click, press "add Selected item" > Add selected item to existing Device Collection > go through the prompts adding the computer to the desired collection, go through til you finish and wait about 3 minutes and then repeat step one on the collection you added your computer into. The computer should show up.

Please reply letting me know if this works.

Hello, In advance sorry for the spelling mistakes I am french and I try to improve :-)

I have a problem after restarting my W7 VM I boot well on PXE mode but there is no task sequence wizard available so I can't enter any PXE password, it is a detail...

So I decided to tape F8 while I am on the Configuration Manager Window and I found this issue :

Failed to download pxe variable file. Code (0x00000001)

PxeGetData failed with 0x80004005

Please someone can help me ?

Thanx