anyweb

using SCCM 2012 in a LAB - Part 7. Build and Capture Windows 7 X64

Thanks for the guide first off, it's very helpful. However, I am having issues with part of Part 7 of this guide. When I create my task sequence and deploy it to my test collection, I get the following error after pressing F12 to PXE boot my machine:

Windows Boot Manager (Server IP :W.X.Y.Z.)

WIndows Failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.

2. Choose your language settings, and then click 'Next.'

3. Click "Repair your computer."

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File: \Boot\BCD

Info: An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data

I have no idea what is causing this and I believe I have things set up correctly. I have already tried removing the PXE password requirement but that did not resolve the issue.

before I see this, I boot withe the network service boot :

20120126140541.png

thank you for your help

you MUST press F12 for network boot when you see that message, have you tried that.... ?

you MUST press F12 for network boot when you see that message, have you tried that.... ?

I believe the user is since they posted a screenshot before that one. I'm interested in your response since this user is having similar (but not exact) issues that I too am having

they must press F12 twice !, the first time gets the network ip address, contacts WDS, downloads some files, the second is to start network boot proper so that you can start your task sequences, so that user must press F12 when stated on screen, is your issue similar ?

I do not have to press F12 twice (where does it say to do that?). I get the same screen in your quoted response, the 'Press F12 for Network boot'. After that I get the same error screen the other user posted but my status id is different (noted in previous post).