anyweb

using SCCM 2012 RC in a LAB - Part 8. Deploying Windows 7 X64

did you successfully PXE boot before this ? if so just delete the computer object, then re-import it

No I haven't successfully booted into PXE yet, ever. I thought I screwed up in the config somewhere, so I restored from a snapshot (our SCCM 2012 RC runs on a VM), redid the configs, and still can't get it to boot from PXE. :( abortpxe.com is a thorn in my side right now. I've been stuck here for a few weeks, reading into this forum to see where things went wrong and stuff.

If I followed this part like you do it here, and now I want to PXE boot an empty client will it just install? Let's say this client is already in the devices group but not in the deploy windows 7 group, am I thinking correctly that I first have to add the PC to the deploy windows 7 group?

Also if I boot the empty client can I choose between "capture reference machine windows 7 x64" and "deploy windows 7 x64"? This is because the client is also part of the capture ref. machine group.

Hi,

I have a stupid question,

I am wondering if someone more knowledgeable than me would be able to help me, I’ve got everything up and running. Task sequences run and install fine. I was wondering if there's an option somewhere that I've missed for hiding an operating system from the software center, i know i can hide applications but can't find anything for Task sequences? I need it to show up in the PXE boot but not in the software center. I want to stop users from clicking on it and re-installing the OS. Is there a way to do that?

Hope that made sense to someone!

Thanks. :)

Gav.

Ignore my last post, i've managed to find a way.

Edited by gavtheman3

I've gone through given above, all goes well, but after system restart getting error bootmgr missing. please advise

attach your smsts.log file from the attempt and we'll check it out, my guess is you didn't add any network drivers for your specific hardware to your boot.wim file and got no ip address which then meant the task sequence failed and it rebooted eventually to a blank harddisc or you are missing the network driver in the apply driver package step, but to be sure we need the smsts.log file,

pressing F8 after enabling command prompt support in your boot images will help this.