anyweb

using SCCM 2012 RC in a LAB - Part 10. Using Prestart and Extrafiles to get more out of UDA

if f8 doesnt work at which boot image are you using ? did you update the boot image to the dps after enabling command prompt support

at what point during the task sequence are you pressing f8 ? have you tried another keyboard ?

I am using the x64 boot image, yes i did update the boot image to the dps after enabling command prompt support, I have press f8 the whole installation after when i fill in my password. my keyboard works fine. but still it won't work. Do you have a solution for me?

are you sure that you are using the boot image that you enabled f8 on, in this task sequence ? when pxe booting the boot image you are using is listed while windows PE is loading, check the id, does it match ?

When running the Deploy Windows 7 x64 - New Computer task sequence the Install Updates action just seems to hang at 100%. I am testing it in a VM and it has been on this screen for several days. I am not sure what logs to look at or what to look for. Any help would be greatly appeciated.

Hi,

first i have to say a big "Thank You" for this guide!

In aspect of the UDA i have a little problem. So far i my Win7 client comes out of the OSD with the already installed Firefox. If i then remove the Firefox UDA works as it should works. Any hint where i can try to troubleshoot this effect?

nope, changes to the task sequence steps don't require you to distribute content, unless of course you add a step that references content that has not already been distributed, or which has changed since being distributed

Hi can someone help.

Where do you assign the UDA settings in the Task Sequence for the primary user. ive gone through this guide a few times now and it never set the primary user to install firefox, if i set manualy in the Application catalog it will install firefox. think im missing a step somewhere.

ive added the collection varibles what else am i suppose to do.

Thank

Paul