anyweb

using SCCM 2012 RC in a LAB - Part 10. Using Prestart and Extrafiles to get more out of UDA

Good Day

I currently have SCCM 2012 SP1 with MDT 2012 integrated setup in our Lab environment.

I to am receiving the same error message in smsts.log "UDA mode is not specified. UDA settings will not be processed."

I am setting SMSTSAssignUserMode = Auto in the TS and prompting for SMSTSUdaUsers via a HTA.

I even tried setting SMSTSUdaUsers = Domain\User in the TS, as well as in customsettings.ini and still receive the message that UDA mode is not specified.

I used this script to export Microsoft.SMS.TSEnvironment at the end of the TS.cmd

When reviewing the log file I can see that both SMSTSAssignUserMode and SMSTSUdaUsers are being set.

Not sure what else I can try, I tested the deployment on 2 VMs.

post-22108-0-32622500-1384781705_thumb.jpg

Currently I am using bootable media, I created media where I under the "User Device affinity" section I specified "Do not allow user device affinity", tested the Windows 7 deployment and received the "UDA mode is not specified. UDA settings will not be processed." message while the SCCM client is being installed during the TS.

Created another bootable media .iso and specified "Allow user device affinity with auto-approval" and still receive the same message.

Currently I am using bootable media, I created media where I under the "User Device affinity" section I specified "Do not allow user device affinity", tested the Windows 7 deployment and received the "UDA mode is not specified. UDA settings will not be processed." message while the SCCM client is being installed during the TS.

Created another bootable media .iso and specified "Allow user device affinity with auto-approval" and still receive the same message.

I managed to find the issue.

It was a typo, instead of configuring SMSTSAssignUsersMode I was using SMSTSAssignUserMode.

After correcting the typo in the TS UDA is now being applied to the computer during OSD successfully.

post-22108-0-26007100-1385130548_thumb.jpg

Hi,
How to troubleshoot UDA from server side? to which logs I should look to determined what goes wrong?
I did everything exactly as described above and on other technet websites.
MP_Status.log on my MP says:
"
Mp Status: processing event: SMS_OSDUDA_StateMessageSent_ActionCompleteInfo, for machine: MACHINE
"
on smsts.log from machine we can see:
"
Creating user affinity
Set authenticator in transport
Report Body: <ReportBody><StateMessage MessageTime="20180310140606.000000+000" SerialNumber="1"><Topic ID="DOMAIN/USER:OSDAuto" Type="1600" IDType="0"/><State ID="1" Criticality="0"/><UserParameters Flags="0" Count="2"><Param>DOMAIN/USER|04945F94-E377-46C7-B9E3-81CC0FC319B7</Param><Param>OSDAuto</Param></UserParameters></StateMessage></ReportBody>
Successfully submitted the UDA state message for the user(s): DOMAIN/USER with mode 'Auto'
"
and if we will check primary machine for user / primary user for machine in SCCM console - there is lack of such information assigned to those object.

I'm using SCCM CB 1710
Console version: 5.00.8577.1108
Could someone advise what could be the reason why this happened?
I checked UDA on Windows7 x64 and Windows10 - the same results.