Stephensr

Pre-OEM Image Cpature

Question

Morning All…

I’m looking to use the Pre and Post OEM Task Sequences in SCCM 2007 R2…

I have successfully got these two task sequences working on the same physical system.

The Pre OEM Task Sequence installs the captured image and core apps and then runs ZTIOEM/Pre to place the breadcrumb files and set the partition to inactive.. .the same system is then pxe booted and the Post OEM Task Sequence is run. This applies the system name, drivers, install system specific apps and joins the domain, everything works as expected.

The problem I have is capturing an image of the system once it has run the Pre-OEM Task Sequence in order to apply the image to another piece of kit as the reseller will be.

I have read that using imagex is not viable and that the capture/clone should be done using a 3rd part application like Ghost, can someone please confirm this for me?

Capturing the image using imagex and then applying it to another system seems to be causing issues as after the first reboot in the Post-OEM task sequence the machine is missing the bootmgr and cannot continue, as I understand it this is a symptom of why imagex can’t be used to capture an inactive partition, is this correct?

Thanks in advance..

Richard.

1 answer to this question