anyweb

using SCCM 2012 RC in a LAB - Part 11. Adding the Reporting Services Point role

Intially when installing the Report Services Point role, it could not find the Report Services server instance name, but I restarted the server and it found the RSinstance name. After the completing the role, i checked the logs and it says:

indicates that the Reporting Services point was successfully installed.

, but 15 seconds later it gives me this error: "The report server service is not running on Reporting Service Point Server; start the service to enable reporting" I have been troubleshooting for an entire day, but still stuck in the mud. Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated, I am trying to finish the lab, thanks.

Not that I know of, i have followed it step by step, this is the only major problem I have had, and I would really like for this part to work so i can finish the lab, so i can start adding some other Systems Center products to my lab. Your documentation is outstanding, but I don't know what is going on with this Reporting Service Point role. I really don't want to start this lab all over again :( :(

Ok, I got the problem resolved. I had to login to the sccm server as the Domain\administrator account. Then go to start, all programs, SQL 2008, configuration tools, Reporting Services config manager: Then connect to the database, then you go to the database tab on the left panel and click on change database, I changed mine to ReportServer2, then Report server mode is native; For credentials I used service account=LocalSystem; It will then create the database. I logged off and logged back in as smsadmin and followed the steps to create the reporting services point roll and YES it works now. If I have missed any steps please let me know, because i am not that great of a writer :rolleyes:

I have been getting this in my SRSRP log. Any ideas?

Reporting Services URL from Registry ["]http://sbsccm/Report...rvice2005.asmx] SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT 1/4/2012 4:36:44 PM 3344 (0x0D10)

The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT 1/4/2012 4:36:44 PM 3344 (0x0D10)

(!) SRS not detected as running SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT 1/4/2012 4:36:44 PM 3344 (0x0D10)

STATMSG: ID=7403 SEV=E LEV=M SOURCE="SMS Server" COMP="SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT" SYS=SBSCCM.SANDBOX.COM SITE=P01 PID=2072 TID=3344 GMTDATE=Wed Jan 04 21:36:44.292 2012 ISTR0="SBSCCM.SANDBOX.COM" ISTR1="" ISTR2="" ISTR3="" ISTR4="" ISTR5="" ISTR6="" ISTR7="" ISTR8="" ISTR9="" NUMATTRS=0 SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT 1/4/2012 4:36:44 PM 3344 (0x0D10)

Failures reported during periodic health check by the SRS Server SBSCCM.SANDBOX.COM. SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT 1/4/2012 4:36:44 PM 3344 (0x0D10)

Waiting for changes for 1 minutes SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT 1/4/2012 4:36:44 PM 3344 (0x0D10)