anyweb

using SCCM 2012 RC in a LAB - Part 11. Adding the Reporting Services Point role

HELP HELP HELP!!!!

OK...so i am having trouble running certain reports...seems to be anything related to Hardware:..one thing to mention also is that it no longer displays information about a computer when i click on a user and then do the "start" device explorer..it just gives the computer's GUID. Could this be WMI related, or strickly a sql issue? When you uninstall the report role, do you have to manually remove the report database or does it remove that as well.

This is from the sql server using IE.:

• An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
    • Query execution failed for dataset 'DataSet1'. (rsErrorExecutingCommand)
      • Invalid object name 'v_GS_X86_PC_MEMORY'.

This is from the reportserverservice log:

INFO: RenderForNewSession('/ConfigMgr_GBC/Hardware - General/Computer information for a specific computer')

processing!ReportServer_0-2!11bc!04/26/2012-16:17:19:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: , Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Query execution failed for dataset 'DataSet0'. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name 'v_GS_X86_PC_MEMORY'.

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData()

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.DataExtensions.SqlCommandWrapperExtension.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.OnDemandProcessing.RuntimeDataSet.RunEmbeddedQuery(Boolean& readerExtensionsSupported, Boolean& readerFieldProperties, List`1 queryParams, Object[] paramValues)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---;

processing!ReportServer_0-2!11bc!04/26/2012-16:17:19:: e ERROR: An exception has occurred in data set 'DataSet0'. Details: Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Query execution failed for dataset 'DataSet0'. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name 'v_GS_X86_PC_MEMORY'.

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData()

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.DataExtensions.SqlCommandWrapperExtension.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.OnDemandProcessing.RuntimeDataSet.RunEmbeddedQuery(Boolean& readerExtensionsSupported, Boolean& readerFieldProperties, List`1 queryParams, Object[] paramValues)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Update...i blieve it is something to do with hardware inventory. Since i can see everything in the resource explorerer on our primary site, but not on the CAS, they are not synced. We had also created new clinet settings, and deployed that...which may have screwed up the inventory, not syncing with the CAS, which has the reporting role, which we can't seem to get installed on the primary. can both the cas and primary have a reporting role installed, using two seperate sql instances (both on the same sql server)? How to i revert all the systems to the default client settings and get everything synced again, so my hardware inventory is up to date on both the cas and primary and i can run reports again.

Hello - Im having the same issue as Steve Murphy above. We have reporting services installed on another server separate from where my site server database is installed. When trying to add the role, the field for "Reporting Services Server Instance" is blank with nothing in the drop down. This makes sense because reporting services is not installed on the server where my database is installed which is where it is checking. Is there a way to point it to another reporting services server instance?

Hi,

Still having problems with my reports.

When i browse the site on the reporing services SQL it looks like this.

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/3026/tomtq.png

This does not show up.

http://www.windows-n...-1321625640.png

if u check the monitoring > Component Status > SMS_SRS_Reporting_POINT it looks like this.

The report server service is not running on Reporting Service Point server "XXX.SE"; start the service to enable reporting.

And the service IS RUNNING, ive rebooted the servers, restarted the services nothing seems to help.

Any ideas?

Hi and thx for the fast reply!

I am runnig SQL Server 2008 R2 with CU 4.

The SQL Service is running under the SQL service account for that system.

Should i upgrade to CU 6?

And the SQL is runing on a different server, not on the same server as the CM.

Hi,

Still having problems with my reports.

When i browse the site on the reporing services SQL it looks like this.

http://img546.images.../3026/tomtq.png

This does not show up.

http://www.windows-n...-1321625640.png

if u check the monitoring > Component Status > SMS_SRS_Reporting_POINT it looks like this.

The report server service is not running on Reporting Service Point server "XXX.SE"; start the service to enable reporting.

And the service IS RUNNING, ive rebooted the servers, restarted the services nothing seems to help.

Any ideas?

I too am having this problem. I have the exact same setup as Oneone...running CU4...sql on a different server as the CM.