anyweb

using SCCM 2012 RC in a LAB - Part 11. Adding the Reporting Services Point role

Should i install the CU 6 even if im running SQL Server 2008 R2? in you guide it sais CU4 ?

Never mind there is no other update for R2 then CU4... Guess i have to come up with some new ideas here...

Thank you ! i totally missed that one. I will report back when i have applied the update!4

Wooooooooooooooo it works now after the CU6 patch! lova ya guys :)

The problem is that if you are running SQL Server 2008 R2 and if you are running the database on a NON-default instance the SCCM will have problems locating it because it querys the WMI and looks for the default sql instance.

So if you are having this problem and you are running the database in an named instance, you need this patch! :)

• Like 1

[EDIT]: Solved the problem. It was my mistake: I mistakenly clicked on the site server which did not have the SQL Server Reporting Services installed. Sorry for wasting everybody's time.

I cannot agree. I'm running SQL Server 2008 R2 [on a separate DB server, not on SCCM 2012 server], the version is 10.51.2796.0, and having the same problem: no instance name while installing reporting services role. post-16177-0-19052500-1337765355_thumb.png

SQL Server 2008 R2 with SP1 is a supported configuration.Reporting Services is running without problems:post-16177-0-61432500-1337765540_thumb.png

In this configuration, it is not possible to install CU 6, because the updates/hotfixes are already embedded in the SP. Running CU 6 on my setup ceases with "nothing to update" error.

Any ideas where the problem may be?

you must install Cu6, your version is Cu4 (you made a typo with 10.51.2796.0 ?)

10.50.2796 SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 CU4

are you attempting to install CU6 for SQL Server 2008 R2 or CU6 for the regular version of SQL Server 2008

below is the link to download the correct version of CU6, please try again...

Step 10. Download Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 CU6

Note: Perform the following on the Active Directory server AD1 as an Administrator

The supported versions of SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008 R2 are listed here on Technet:- http://technet.micro...nfigSQLDBconfig

In this guide I will be installing SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 CU6. The currently supported version for Configuration Manager 2012 is SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 CU6.

Download the following from Technet:- File Name: en_sql_server_2008_r2_standard_x86_x64_ia64_dvd_521546.iso (4177 MB)

Download Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 Service Pack 1

Download Cumulative update package 6 for SQL Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1

Hi all,

I have a problem with Reporting Service. I am able to start reports from my SCCM Console. But if I run IE with URL \\sccm01.test.local\reports it gives me error "HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found".

Thanks for any answer

Hi there, I'm having difficulty getting reports to show up in the SCCM 2012 console. I have SCCM 2012 running on WIndows Server 2008 R2 SP1 and SQL is running 2008 R2 SP1 CU6 on another server. The reporting service is installed and all the reports are available through the report manager url on the SQL server. The reporting services point is configured to use a domain user, and that user is a part of the Read-only Analyst security role on SCCM. I have read and re-read the amazing documentation available on this site (thank you!) and am stuck scratching my head.

Any insight would be most helpful! Thanks.