anyweb

using SCCM 2012 RC in a LAB - Part 11. Adding the Reporting Services Point role

Current Setup:

SCCM Server - No Database

Database Server - SQL Server 2008 R2 (10.50.2796)

Reporting Services Server - SQL Server 2008 R2 (10.50.1617)

A lot of responses have stated the upgrade to CU 6 fixes the problem. Is this a Reporting Services issue and the Report server needs to be at CU6 or is this a Database issue and the Database server that hosts the SCCM database needs to be at CU6?

Current Setup:

SCCM Server - No Database

Database Server - SQL Server 2008 R2 (10.50.2796)

Reporting Services Server - SQL Server 2008 R2 (10.50.1617)

A lot of responses have stated the upgrade to CU 6 fixes the problem. Is this a Reporting Services issue and the Report server needs to be at CU6 or is this a Database issue and the Database server that hosts the SCCM database needs to be at CU6?

Are you running your sql in the default sql instance? if not you need the CU6.

Hi,

I'm having a bit of a nightmare with the reporting service. I first had it up and running but the report log size was going through the roof. So I uninstalled the reporting service from the sql server and removed the role from CM. I also deleted the “ReportServer” DB.

Now I have reinstalled the sql reporting service. I tried to create a “ReportServer” database, but I am getting an error that this already exists.

post-16533-0-25432900-1347611125_thumb.jpg

So I named it NewReportServer and have added the role to CM, but in component status the reporting point is critical.

post-16533-0-53314900-1347611131_thumb.png

post-16533-0-35436600-1347611137_thumb.png

Can anyone help?

Changed my tcp dynamic port range in order to be able to please the firewall administrators. After doing this the reports are troubeling me, I guess it could do with this or?

srsrp.log Reporting Services URL from Registry [https://server.domain.com/ReportServer/ReportService2005.asmx] Reporting Services is running Retrieved datasource definition from the server. Retrieved datasource definition from the server. Updating data source {5C6358F2-4BB6-4a1b-A16E-8D96795D8602} at ConfigMgr_XXX Loading localization resources from directory [F:\SMS_SRSRP\SrsResources.dll] Looking for 'Swedish (Sweden)' resources Looking for 'Swedish' resources Falling back to 'en' resource set Confirmed the configuration of SRS role [ConfigMgr Report Users]. Confirmed the configuration of SRS role [ConfigMgr Report Administrators]. Confirmed the security policy for folder [/]. Confirmed the security policy for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX]. Confirmed the security policy for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Asset Intelligence]. Confirmed the security policy for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Compliance and Settings Management]. Confirmed the security policy for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Administrative Security]. Confirmed the security policy for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Operating System]. Confirmed the security policy for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Software Updates - A Compliance]. Confirmed the security policy for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Software Updates - B Deployment Management]. Confirmed the security policy for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Software Updates - C Deployment States]. Confirmed the security policy for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Software Updates - D Scan]. Confirmed the security policy for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Software Updates - E Troubleshooting]. Confirmed the security policy for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Driver Management]. Confirmed the security policy for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Task Sequence - Deployment Status]. Confirmed the security policy for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Task Sequence - Deployments]. Confirmed the security policy for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Task Sequence - Progress]. Confirmed the security policy for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Task Sequence - References]. Confirmed the security policy for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/State Migration]. Confirmed the security policy for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Software Distribution - Application Monitoring]. Confirmed the security policy for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Virtual Applications]. Confirmed the security policy for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Software Distribution - Package and Program Deployment Status]. Confirmed the security policy for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Software Distribution - Package and Program Deployment]. Confirmed the security policy for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/User - Device Affinity]. Confirmed the security policy for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Software Metering]. Confirmed the security policy for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Status Messages]. Confirmed the security policy for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Migration]. Confirmed the security policy for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Device Management]. Confirmed the security policy for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Status Messages - Audit]. Confirmed the security policy for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Alerts]. Confirmed the security policy for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Client Status]. Confirmed the security policy for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Client Push]. Confirmed the security policy for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Hardware - CD-ROM]. Confirmed the security policy for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Hardware - Disk]. Confirmed the security policy for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Hardware - General]. Confirmed the security policy for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Hardware - Memory]. Unable to connect to the remote server Failed to retrieve existing folder security for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Hardware - Modem]. Unable to connect to the remote server Failed to retrieve existing folder security for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Hardware - Network Adapter]. Unable to connect to the remote server Failed to retrieve existing folder security for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Hardware - Processor]. Unable to connect to the remote server Failed to retrieve existing folder security for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Hardware - SCSI]. Unable to connect to the remote server Failed to retrieve existing folder security for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Hardware - Sound Card]. Unable to connect to the remote server Failed to retrieve existing folder security for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Hardware - Video Card]. Unable to connect to the remote server Failed to retrieve existing folder security for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Site - Client Information]. Unable to connect to the remote server Failed to retrieve existing folder security for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Site - Discovery and Inventory Information]. Unable to connect to the remote server Failed to retrieve existing folder security for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Site - General]. Unable to connect to the remote server Failed to retrieve existing folder security for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Site - Server Information]. Unable to connect to the remote server Failed to retrieve existing folder security for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Network Access Protection]. Unable to connect to the remote server Failed to retrieve existing folder security for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Power Management]. Unable to connect to the remote server Failed to retrieve existing folder security for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Wake On LAN]. Unable to connect to the remote server Failed to retrieve existing folder security for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Upgrade Assessment - Windows 7]. Unable to connect to the remote server Failed to retrieve existing folder security for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Network]. Unable to connect to the remote server Failed to retrieve existing folder security for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Software - Files]. Unable to connect to the remote server Failed to retrieve existing folder security for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Software - Companies and Products]. Unable to connect to the remote server Failed to retrieve existing folder security for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Users]. Unable to connect to the remote server Failed to retrieve existing folder security for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Software Distribution - Collections]. Unable to connect to the remote server Failed to retrieve existing folder security for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Software Distribution - Content]. Unable to connect to the remote server Failed to retrieve existing folder security for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Out Of Band Management]. Unable to connect to the remote server Failed to retrieve existing folder security for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Endpoint Protection]. Unable to connect to the remote server Failed to retrieve existing folder security for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Status Messages/Status Messages - Hidden]. Unable to connect to the remote server Failed to retrieve existing folder security for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Endpoint Protection/Endpoint Protection - Hidden]. Unable to connect to the remote server Failed to retrieve existing folder security for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Software Distribution - Application Monitoring/Software Distribution - Application Monitoring - Hidden]. Unable to connect to the remote server Failed to retrieve existing folder security for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Network Access Protection]. Unable to connect to the remote server Failed to retrieve existing folder security for folder [/]. Unable to connect to the remote server Failed to retrieve existing folder security for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX]. Unable to connect to the remote server Failed to retrieve existing folder security for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Asset Intelligence]. Unable to connect to the remote server Failed to retrieve existing folder security for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Compliance and Settings Management]. Unable to connect to the remote server Failed to retrieve existing folder security for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Administrative Security]. Unable to connect to the remote server Failed to retrieve existing folder security for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Operating System]. Unable to connect to the remote server Failed to retrieve existing folder security for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Software Updates - A Compliance]. Unable to connect to the remote server Failed to retrieve existing folder security for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Software Updates - B Deployment Management]. Unable to connect to the remote server Failed to retrieve existing folder security for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Software Updates - C Deployment States]. Unable to connect to the remote server Failed to retrieve existing folder security for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Software Updates - D Scan]. Unable to connect to the remote server Failed to retrieve existing folder security for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Software Updates - E Troubleshooting]. Unable to connect to the remote server Failed to retrieve existing folder security for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Driver Management]. Unable to connect to the remote server Failed to retrieve existing folder security for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Task Sequence - Deployment Status]. Unable to connect to the remote server Failed to retrieve existing folder security for folder [/ConfigMgr_XXX/Task Sequence - Deployments].

Unable to connect to the remote

-----

Cant see any reports in my console....

Any help appreciated!

Cheers,

SamAdam

Hi,

I'm having a bit of a nightmare with the reporting service. I first had it up and running but the report log size was going through the roof. So I uninstalled the reporting service from the sql server and removed the role from CM. I also deleted the “ReportServer” DB.

Now I have reinstalled the sql reporting service. I tried to create a “ReportServer” database, but I am getting an error that this already exists.

post-16533-0-25432900-1347611125_thumb.jpg

So I named it NewReportServer and have added the role to CM, but in component status the reporting point is critical.

post-16533-0-53314900-1347611131_thumb.png

post-16533-0-35436600-1347611137_thumb.png

Can anyone help?

I had the same problem. The problem was that reporting services was added AFTER SP1 was installed on the SQL. You need version 2500 of reporting services to be able to use it with SCCM 2012. Look at my picture and check the version you have.

22046682.png

If you have 1600 like the picture, you need to re-install SP1.

Just to clarify, this fixes the problem "The report server service is not running...." problem.

• Like 1

Our site (SCCM 2012) is using a single SCCM 2012 server that is using a remote SQL Server 2008 R2 with SP1 CU6 - 10.50.2811.0 with reporting services installed on default instance (mssqlserver). On the SQL box is also IIS with a default website in use.

From the SCCM 2012 server i can connect and browse to http://sql1/reports and http://sql1/reportserver

On my SCCM2012 i try to add the Reporting Services Point to the SQL server from the SCCM console, it succesfully finds the MSSQLSERVER instance on the remote SQL server but then encounter errors.

In Site Status during installation i see error below:

Meesage ID 7403 > The report server service is not running on Reporting Service Point server "SQL1.DOMAIN.COM"; start the service to enable reporting.

Looking on the SQL/REPORT SERVER We've verified the service is running and we can connect to the URL.

In the URL http://sql1/reports the folder name isn't there and is not being created.

In addition i CAN'T find a Log file SRSRP.LOG on my server Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\Logs

I found many post with this 7403 error but my Report is CU6

Our site (SCCM 2012) is using a single SCCM 2012 server that is using a remote SQL Server 2008 R2 with SP1 CU6 - 10.50.2811.0 with reporting services installed on default instance (mssqlserver). On the SQL box is also IIS with a default website in use.

From the SCCM 2012 server i can connect and browse to http://sql1/reports and http://sql1/reportserver

On my SCCM2012 i try to add the Reporting Services Point to the SQL server from the SCCM console, it succesfully finds the MSSQLSERVER instance on the remote SQL server but then encounter errors.

In Site Status during installation i see error below:

Meesage ID 7403 > The report server service is not running on Reporting Service Point server "SQL1.DOMAIN.COM"; start the service to enable reporting.

Looking on the SQL/REPORT SERVER We've verified the service is running and we can connect to the URL.

In the URL http://sql1/reports the folder name isn't there and is not being created.

In addition i CAN'T find a Log file SRSRP.LOG on my server Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\Logs

I found many post with this 7403 error but my Report is CU6

Did you check my post above? check the version on the reporting services.