anyweb

using SCCM 2012 RC in a LAB - Part 11. Adding the Reporting Services Point role

I am trying to add the Reporting services role to my primary site server. I have a Windows server 2008 R2 with SQL 2008 R2 sql server and windows server 2008 R2 application server (primary site server). During the add site system roles wizard I am stuck on the reporting services point page. I specify my sql server (fqdn) and database name, clicked verify, it successfully verified the DB. I accepted the default folder name, but when I go to choose the Reporting Services server instance the drop down box is empty.

I have tried specifying the service account that I have configured on my SQL box, i even tried opening up full access for that account as a local admin on SQL and SA on the Database. No matter what I try it will not find the RS instance.

Any help appreciated.

• Like 1

In SCCM 2007 when you ran a report you could specify a wildcard (%), like if I wanted to run a report that showed all the versions of Java that were installed in a particular collection. But with 2012 it will only allow me to enter in the exact name of the program. Is there anyway to modify the report? If so, how?

I am having an issue with Reporting. When I go to Monitoring and then reports on my console, located on my SCCM server, all the reports show up. When I go to look at the reports on a remote console (with the same user) I do not have any reports showing. So I tried to go into the Report Options and select a default report server I get the following error message:

"There is a problem connecting to the specified reporting server. Please check the connection and make sure SQL reporting service is running on the specified server."

I am not sure what might be causing this problem. Also, in our environment we I have the SQL on it's own machine, I can get to the Reporting by going through IE, and we have Windows Firewall turned off. Any ideas as to what may be the cause?

I am trying to run a report from Software > Companies and Products > Computers with a specific name and version, however, the Product Name, and Product Version drop down lists are empty. Can you explain how to populate a list?

I am having the same problem. Many of the parameters of my reports have NO options to select. Did you ever get this figured out or does anyone else have any tips?