anyweb

using SCCM 2012 RC in a LAB - Part 11. Adding the Reporting Services Point role

Ok so I have been battling with getting Reporting Services running for a while. It was originally running on my CA but then it stopped and I received errors when I attempted to run reports. I don't have the original errors anymore but when I tried to reinstall the role the result is that reports don't populate in the console and then I get a string of folder that are created at regular intervals on the SSRS site (ConfigMgr_XXX.OLD.#) and then just go on and on unless I remove the role. Several people have told me to reinstall my CA but I think there must be something easier. Any input is appreciated.

CB

I tried to check some reports today for the first time. I found out that it wasnt working, when i try to open a report it says: "The data source 'lots of numbers and letters' cannot be found". Also at system status-site status the reporting services point says Critical. When I go to the URL I see all the folder but when i click there on a report the same message appears: "The data source 'lots of numbers and letters' cannot be found".

How can fix this?

These are the details:

Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportServerException
The data source 'e7376ae6-d67d-47e9-9038-cc4b0524ab30' cannot be found. (rsDataSourceNotFound)

Stack Trace:
at Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ServerReportSoapProxy.OnSoapException(SoapException e)
at Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.Internal.Soap.ReportingServices2005.Execution.RSExecutionConnection.ProxyMethodInvocation.Execute[TReturn](RSExecutionConnection connection, ProxyMethod`1 initialMethod, ProxyMethod`1 retryMethod)
at Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.Internal.Soap.ReportingServices2005.Execution.RSExecutionConnection.LoadReport(String Report, String HistoryID)
at Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ServerReport.EnsureExecutionSession()
at Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ServerReport.SetParameters(IEnumerable`1 parameters)
at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.AdminConsole.SrsReporting.ReportViewerWindowsForms.SetParameterValues_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

-------------------------------

1. Please help me to resolve an issue. I have an LAB environment where I have created 2 server 2 client. 1 server DC1 is with Active directory and certificate authority and another one is Configmgr1 with sccm 2012 r2 and sql 2012 with sp1.

every thing is working like application deployement software update but when i install reporting service point instance of reporting is showing blank.

if i try to uninstall reporting service of sql 2012 its giving an error in the moddle of uninstall process that is please verify the .net 2.0 or 4.0 is installed on your system. As in operating system server 2012 r2 .net 3.5 and 4.5 both are installed.

Please help me how can i fixed this issue.

Edited by rohitc36
  • Like 1