Stijn

PXE-E53 no boot filename recieved

Hi,

Since last tuesday I'm configuring SCCM 2012 RC following the guides I found here on the website.

Everything is configured like it should be and when I do a PXE startup from a computer I always get:

PXE-E53 No boot filename recieved.

Now we ar emonday and I still get the same error and I can't find any solution.

The data Source of my boot images are:

\\Server.domain.local\SMS_organization\OSD\boot\i386\boot.wim

\\Server.domain.local\SMS_organization\OSD\boot\x64\boot.wim

I also tried these solutions:

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/546-how-can-i-troubleshoot-windows-pe-booting-in-sccm/page__p__958#entry958

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/890-bootbcd-error/

But also this didn't helped.

I hope someone can help me out here?

Thanks in advance.

The boot images are the one that are installed with SCCM.

I also have a folder named REMINST with several maps under it like a map Boot with there in maps x64 x86.

I restarted the service and also checked the boxes Deploy this boot image from the PXE service point. I distributed and updated the both images.

If I try the tftp story I get PXE-E32, but maybe this is a problem coming from the firewall?

If you want you can do a teamviewer session on the SCCM server, I can't find the solution.

I really think that SCCM is not responding on PXE when a client ask this.

The boot images are the one that are installed with SCCM.

I also have a folder named REMINST with several maps under it like a map Boot with there in maps x64 x86.

I restarted the service and also checked the boxes Deploy this boot image from the PXE service point. I distributed and updated the both images.

Actually having a folder named "boot" tells me you installed the wds service from the server manager, if installed by checking "PXE" on the DP you don't (at least I don't) get such a directory at all? Instead you get a similar set of folders all starting with "sms", i.e. "smsboot" etc... Furthermore these folders don't get populated until you successfully distribute yout boot-images to the DP.

I think, as stated in an earlier post, that the trick to get pxe running after a server-reboot is to toggle the pxe-checkbox (2x apply) and then manually start the wds-service; problem is that until you redistribute you boot-images the reminst-folders will be empty :( :( :( Very annoying :)

I also had some trouble having an too up-to-date-image with DotNet 4 already in it - took care of that running c:\.....\aspnet_regiis -i -enable :)

This is what I already did:

Deïnstalled the WDS and PXE service. Rebooted the server and reinstalled WDS and PXE service. Rebooted the server again.

Now under my C I have RemoteInstall, I think this has something todo with WDS. In my x86 and x64 boot image I put a check box near: Make available for PXE. I also added network drivers to my boot images. Distributed the boot images. In my DNS registered the server with right IP address. Rebooted the SCCM server again. Checked all the services so there were running.

I start the client and press F12 and choose network. It checking that there is a device that answers the PXE request and than I get PXE-E53. THis is strange cuss the configuration is almost simular like SCCM Beta 1 and this was working very properly.

I also have folders that begin with SMS_ . Where the boot.wim files are located is \\Server.domain.local\SMS_organization\OSD\boot\i386\boot.wim

When I check the guides that are online here I can see that the location is correct.

I hope you have enough information.

Tommorow when I'm in the office I will try the dotnet solution, do I need to download something for this or not? :)

Thanks for all the help btw :)

I tried the aspnet_regiis and thanks to this the application catalog website is working, so thanks for this.

The PXE doesn't work, but what do you mean with this: problem is that until you redistribute you boot-images the reminst-folders will be empty :( :( :( Very annoying :)