kris00l

PSP issue - WDS and SCCM on different Servers

Question

I have installed MDT Server with WDS on it and able to do Lite touch installations.

DHCP Server has

60 N/A due to different server than WDS

66 no entry

67 no entry

Now, I have installed SCCM on a different server in the hope for ZTI. After reading many blogs I found out that PSP needs to be installed on WDS Server. Therefore I went ahead with that process:

• Under Site Settings, right clicked Site Systems
  • Clicked NEW, Server
  • Called PXEServer (made up name), FQDN - mdtsvr.mydomain.loc
  • checked PSP role
  • finish

PXESetup.log on SCCM server - no changes

Event viewer on SCCM server - nothing related to PSP

Under, boot image, Manage DP doesn't show PXE$ either.

I have also tried, uninstalled WDS role and reinstalled with no configuration. Deleted PSP role and then deleted PXEServer. Recreated again. Still NO go.

Please help.

Thanks

so just to confirm, you have a Configmgr pxe service point role installed on the MDT server (can you show me a screenshot of it as you see it in your sccm sites sytems, select the mdt server and see what roles are listed)

ok good, go back to your mdtsvr computer and double check that there is a pxesetup.log file, it may be in a folder that you cannot access (UAC), if it doesnt exist does your SCCM computer account have local admin access on the other computer ?

i have searched under domain admin on MDTSvr ... no pxesetup.log.

i haven't checked sccm computer account access on MDTSvr therefore I think as you mentioned may not be able to install PSP. But wouldn't there be a log somewhere to say that?

Update:

Added SCCM computer account in MDTSvr Administrators group but still no go. Here's the screenshot:

post-12861-0-99113800-1322453717_thumb.png

(I did delete PSP then deleted PXEServer from the node and then re-added the server.)

Thanks