capriguy84

Cannot connect to \\SCCM-SERVER\SMSPKGE$\ on DP

Question

Hi all,

My OSD was working fine till this morning and then something happened and now it fails with log "Unable to connect to \\sccm-server\SMSPKGE$\LAB00073\". When I manually try to go to this URL, it fails.

I have another site and I can browse the distribution point fine here from remote PC.

How can I reset the Distribution Point folder permissions? I did try site reset "Reset SMS Provider" but no good.

Thanks for you help.

EDIT: (UPDATE)

I cannot access any of the shares from the particular drive E:\. I checked the permissions both NTFS and File level, both are correct. Anybody know what si going on?

3 answers to this question

This might not be related to SCCM but it looks like the entire drive has gone READ-ONLY.

The host is on VMware ESXi and running Server 2008 R2. The datastore is a iSCSI LUN from Dell Equalogic.

Symptoms:

- Drive E: is read-only. Shares are not working.

- C: drive is read-write and is normal.

- Disk permissions are all proper.

Steps tried:

- Remove readonly flag using diskpart, but that didn't do a thing. per this link

- After adding another disk in VMware, that new volume goes read-only as well.

- The storage LUN looks fine, other VMs on same store(including C:) are read-write.

Not sure what else to look for. Any ideas?

It was a GPO that made the drive go read-only. SIGH!! We have this GPO to disable write to USB & removable drives and somehow that disabled the E: drive aswell. Below is the screenshot of the properties.

Not only that we had to remove HOST from GPO, but make sure those properties are enabled by a different GPO. Hope this helps for someone who comes along this way.