anyweb

using SCCM 2012 RC in a LAB - Part 12. Updating an Operating System image using Offline Servicing.

Hi all,

Thanks for writing this guide, as with all of them, very helpful!

There's one thing i'm not clear on though. Can you select a previously created SUG to update from? That seems to make perfect sense to me, but all that seems to happen is you are presented with ALL software updates which are relevant to Windows 7. it doesn't seem to pull this from any SUG.

Thanks

Edit:

From this technet post:http://blogs.technet.com/b/inside_osd/archive/2011/04/18/configuration-manager-2012-offline-servicing-for-operating-system-images.aspx

It suggests the list is populated with the following which does not appear to be true, as i've not deployed any updates in my environment.

The list contains updates meeting the following criteria:

• The updates are CBS updates
  • The updates have been deployed in your Configuration Manager environment. (This helps limit the selection of updates to those that have been deployed/tested in your enterprise).
  • The updates have not successfully been deployed to your image file through the offline servicing feature

Also wanting to add that I am seeing the same issues as others.

Offline Servicing shows a fully updated wim. But once I've built a machine with it, Windows shows none of these have been installed. This methods appears to be too unreliable. Shame as would have been an excellent feature.

and have you verified that the machine built is using the actual updated wim and not the previous un-updated wim ?

Hello for all! I am trying to update my wim file using Offline Servicing. But all my tries are failed! This wim file was created by MDT. If i try to update newest wim file created by SCCM all good. Why is it happend? Why does it happend? I created win file on Hyper-V Virtual machine, used sysprep and captupe task sequence. It means that I have to create new wim file by SCCM previously and then make offline servicing... thank you for your answers.Nothing interesting in OfflineServicingMgr.log just - "Schedule processing failed"

Hi to all!

Quick question: it is possible to automate integration updates to wim by Offline Servicing or its just makes manual only?

Or maximum what we have its ADR? So, all needed updates downloads by ADR and then go manualy to OffServicing wizard and integrate it?