Thebeats2009

WDS Service can´t Start After Enable SCCM 2012 RC PXE

Hello,

I´m trying to Enable the SCCM 2012 RC PXE but every Time that i enabled the WDS Service will be stopped and unable to started.

I investigate the Eventlog and some Event are there, some of this are similar to some Error in earlier post there, But one Event ist:

Event ID: 33

Activation context generation failed for "\\DP01.Domain.com\SMS_DP$\sms\bin\smspxe.dll". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.CRT,processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.30729.4148" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Did someone have an Idea?

Note: I´m not installing an all in one SCCM, my DP ist on onother Computer.

Thank you

I have a slight different version from anyweb.

This could help you.

Anyweb's right though; it's a bug in RC1. If you restart the SCCM server, you'll have to disable PXE from SCCM to have the WDS server come up properly.

I pulled my hairs for 2 wees before reporting it to MS and they found it to be a bug in RC1.