rainbow

fail to test the PXE on sccm2012

I would like to add that since manually copying the images over, I have rebooted the server and updated the boot images several times and had no further issue. It was just that initial deployment that refused to work.

I followed what Desek above said :)

The source wim files are usually in folders within <drive>:\RemoteInstall.

My issue wasn't that I couldn't create the image files from CM2012 but that they simply refused to copy to their distribution points. Once I'd forced them the first time (following Deseks's instructions) the PXE service picked them up straight away. I've had to update them several times since with NIC drivers and they have happily deployed themselves automatically without having to repeat the manual process

Bumped into the same problem today and found some interesting rows in SMSPXE.log:

Found Image file: E:\RemoteInstall\SMSImages\ABC00002\boot.ABC00002.wim PackageID: ABC00002 ProductName: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System Architecture: 9 Description: Microsoft Windows PE (x64) Version: Creator: SystemDir: WINDOWS SMSPXE 2012-04-16 13:54:16 4668 (0x123C)

Closing image file E:\RemoteInstall\SMSImages\ABC00002\boot.ABC00002.wim SMSPXE 2012-04-16 13:54:16 4668 (0x123C)

It seemed a bit odd to close (read: unmount) the wim before the required bootfiles are copied.

My solution was to manually mount the boot wim's to the specified folders with Deployment Tools Commandprompt and the command (Repeated with the package ABC00001):

dism /Mount-Wim /WimFile:E:\RemoteInstall\SMSImages\ABC00002\boot.ABC00002.wim /index:1 /MountDir:E:\RemoteInstall\SMSTempBootFiles\ABC00002

To my surprise the PXE worked flawlessly even after I unmounted the wim's and rebooted the server.

Before this sulotion fixed my problem I tried to reinstall DP and/or PXE, rebooting the server, manually installing/reinstalling WDS, changing NAA (Computer / SCCM / Domain Admin) without any success.

Hope this helps someone!

Thanks it helped me :P

Bumped into the same problem today and found some interesting rows in SMSPXE.log:

Found Image file: E:\RemoteInstall\SMSImages\ABC00002\boot.ABC00002.wim PackageID: ABC00002 ProductName: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System Architecture: 9 Description: Microsoft Windows PE (x64) Version: Creator: SystemDir: WINDOWS SMSPXE 2012-04-16 13:54:16 4668 (0x123C)

Closing image file E:\RemoteInstall\SMSImages\ABC00002\boot.ABC00002.wim SMSPXE 2012-04-16 13:54:16 4668 (0x123C)

It seemed a bit odd to close (read: unmount) the wim before the required bootfiles are copied.

My solution was to manually mount the boot wim's to the specified folders with Deployment Tools Commandprompt and the command (Repeated with the package ABC00001):

dism /Mount-Wim /WimFile:E:\RemoteInstall\SMSImages\ABC00002\boot.ABC00002.wim /index:1 /MountDir:E:\RemoteInstall\SMSTempBootFiles\ABC00002

To my surprise the PXE worked flawlessly even after I unmounted the wim's and rebooted the server.

Before this sulotion fixed my problem I tried to reinstall DP and/or PXE, rebooting the server, manually installing/reinstalling WDS, changing NAA (Computer / SCCM / Domain Admin) without any success.

Hope this helps someone!

Thanks, this stopped the error message I was receiving in SMSPXE.log. I have to ip helpers for the actual PXE Boot. What is the correct boot file name to 67 on the DHCP server?

Please someone help (I am having a similar issue with my PXE boot images as describled in the above logs), I did follow the above solution as thus: mounted boot image to (F:\RemoteInstall\SMSTempBootFiles) and then unmounted to ( F:\RemoteInstall\SMSImages\) without manually copying anything and yet the issue continues.

smsPxe.log reads: (Failed to read optional PXE settings from Software\Microsoft\SMS\DP\RamDiskTFTPBlockSize).

Please can someone specifically tell me where: the "image was copied manually from and to what location it was copied to" as some have referred to above?

Waiting for some pointers from you guys please.

Thanks