JPUK

Failed to Run Task Sequence 0x80004005

Question

hi there

strange issue here, we have been using OSD for several months, and I have decided to update the image file with the lastest updates.

PXE boot the device and loads up the Welcome to the Task Sequence Wizard

I enter the password and then I get the error message displayed

Failed to run task sequence error 80004005

now all of the posts I have found all relate to when you are running an actual task sequence, I don't even get chance to pick one.

any help would be appreciated

JPUK

6 answers to this question

Im guessing some error while communicating with your management point.

i would start of by verifying DNS (make sure the correct server is answering when pinging your SCCM server). If this does not work i would check my network access account and then look into IIS and Webdav.

Allso check for MP errors on your site system.

Task Sequence Failed 80070002 :

Source : windows ,The operating System reported error 2147942402: The system can't find the file specified .

SCCM SP2 and R2 , No Issues in status ,by Stand Alone media it ok but when i am using SCCM Client Method or PXE Method , it will start ok but in Apply OS Step

i found this error

the machine that i am trying to deploy win7 is Toshiba Laptop

thanks for posts so far, back from Holiday leave and re-tried this on two devices and still getting the same errors.

If I attempt to get the logs from the device I get the following reported

no cert available for policy decoding
Failed to download policy S0120015-S0100019-DBBBC9D6 (Code 0x80004005).

Checking the MS site this informs me the issue is expired PXE certs, but we are still able to deploy to other devices. I have created new Certs but this hasn't helped. Also read somewhere that you should uninstall everything ( SCCM, WDS and PXE boot points ) this just isn't feasable :-)

so at the moment my test devices can't run any Task sequences, however other devices can run the Deploy task sequences fine.

I have checked the SCCM collections for my devices and can't find them by name or MAC address.

Finally my questions are :-

1. are there any other ways to search for a device in the collections

2. are there any ways to reset the cert a device usees or check which one it is using

thanks in advance