Mahmoud-Egypt

Task Sequence Failed 80070002, Applying Operating System

Question

Task Sequence Failed 80070002 :

Source : windows ,The operating System reported error 2147942402: The system can't find the file specified .

SCCM SP2 and R2 , No Issues in status ,by Stand Alone media it ok but when i am using SCCM Client Method or PXE Method ,

it will start ok but in Apply OS Step i found this error

the machine that i am trying to deploy win7 is Toshiba Laptop

6 answers to this question

When does it fail? Will it even try applying the image or does it apply the image, reboot, and then fail? Have you enabled the 'F8' option on your boot menu and then check to make sure your network can get an IP address, I do a 'ip config' to see if I have a proper network connection. It sounds like there is something in your task sequence that SCCM can't find. This can because you don't have a network connection or a step in your task sequence is looking for a file that no longer exists.

Waaaaay old topic - sorry, but it's one of the top hits on google for this error.

For me, in 2012 R2, it was that in the TS Apply Image step I'd chosen to access content directly, whereas I had not copied the image to a package share for access.

Cheers,

D