vinjas

Windows 7 deployment to remote site with WDS

Question

Hi,

Please excuse my little knowledge about WDS as I am only beginner. Following is how I configured WDS.

1. Installed WDS on Windows Server 2008 r2 - Which is member server and not a DC. e.g IP is 10.2.3.5.

2. DHCP and DNS services is configured on another server Windows 2003 server E.g IP is 10.2.1.20

3. After configuring WDS I tried to boot a computer which is located at remote site with subnet IP 10.2.1 but it didn't work I think because WDS is configured on a different subnet.

My questions are

1. How can I make it work to boot and deploy image on a computer which is on a different subnet then WDS?

2. Which option should I choose in Multicast tab in WDS server proterties. (Obtain Ip address from DHCP OR Use addresses from the following range?

3. In SCCM we have the feature to create distribution point for captured images. Can I put a copy of captured image on a remote site server and set WDS to install the image from there or I have to configure/install WDS on every local site servers?

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Vin

2 answers to this question