capriguy84

How to run batch file in OSD "Run command line"

Question

Hi All,

In a TS, if I have to install an application as user, the obvious choice is to run the install command with step "Run command line". I am not sure ifI can directly type "setup.exe" as command or run "cmd.exe /c setup.exe"

The question is what directive should I use to run batch file ("sccm-setup.cmd" or "install.bat") in the command line?

Thanks!

1 answer to this question

Hey Capriguy84,

I had to work this one out for myself the other day

Create a "Run Command Line"

Name is whatever you like

Then under "Command Line" i have "cmd /c \\SERVER\Directory\Subdirectory\execute.cmd"

Then make the "Start in" "C:\" (or whatever drive you want it to be executed from

Then finally use "Run this step as the following account" and make sure the account you use is a local admin, I just went ".\Administrator"

All of my cmd's are running after the OS is applied and its doing it's final setup, so it's not within the WinPE

Hope that helps!

-Brendan