anyweb

how can I install SCCM 2007 in Windows Server 2008

Hi All,

Hope you can help me,

I have fellowed the above steps and I am finding difficlut on setup the sccm 2007

VM box Installation:

1 x Domain controller (including AD) with wind 2008 server x64

1 x SCCM server , with windows 2008 x86 (Here i have installed, SCCM 2007,WSUS, Bits, WEBDav ) and part of the domain.

1 x client PC with wind XP

So far I have installed SCCM, however the active directory Schima I have issues with, I have fellowed the same steps as above, the issue is that I am not getting the first Site on AD? for some reason the active directry not showing the first site. I am not so sure because the AD is on diffrent sever? I was trying to install AD on the same sever as the SCCM server, but my AD has a red x (cross.)

My question is does the AD and SCCM have to be the same server?

If anyone have any good hand out how to install. manage/ configure SCCM please Email me at jennas47@hotmail.co.uk

please help.

Many thanks

Jenna

My question is does the AD and SCCM have to be the same server?

nope, they should not be that way, only in a lab if you WANT it that way, but i'd recommend you keep them separate.

so are you saying that you do have AD setup currently, is that working ok ? is DNS ok, from your sccm server open a command prompt and type nslookup, what does it return, you can include a screenshot

If anyone have any good hand out how to install. manage/ configure SCCM please Email me at jennas47@hotmail.co.uk

please help.

Many thanks

Jenna

You have lots of guides avilable on this forum...make use of them...try the suggestions posted by Niall.

Hi,

I'm new to SCCM. As per your guide i followed steps to install SCCM 2007 in Server 2008 OS but I am getting error during installation at Transfer file stage and says as follows:

Configuration manager setup cannot continue because of the following error:

"Setup has encountered fatar error while performing file operation".

Pls suggest me on this.

Thank you!!

Hi Everyone,

We have a problem with SCCM 2007, this is our setup, and what has happened.

System Center is installed across 4 different virtual servers.

Server 1- Has SCCM installed.

Server 2- Has the SQL database

Server 3- Has SCOM installed (not being used at the moment)

Server 4- Has VMM installed

All the server's virtual hard drives lived on our SAN, the SAN got very poorly so we had to move server 1 and server 2 VM's off on to some DL380's, the migration went very well, thanks to VMM.

We had to add some drivers to SCCM so that we could PXE boot a laptop for building, this is where things started to go south!

Ever since, the WDS service on server 1 has been eating all the server's resources, memory and CPU at full capacity. This keeps hanging our server, we had to boot into safe mode and disable the service just so that we could look at the error logs.

We have tried;

• Removing the drivers that we added.
  • Virus check with Sophos and Kaspersky rescue 10.
  • Replacing the .wim files with ones from a good backup.
  • Cloning the VM, moving to a different host, then restoring the machine from Backup-Exec, this kept failing.
  • Removing the WDS role, restarting then installing again.

We are thinking that it will probably need a rebuild, and for us to install SCCM again. How will this affect our other servers, and is it easily done as everything else is there and working fine.

I have not got a lot of experience with all the back end stuff of System Center, however I feel I will be learning fast.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank You

I wanted to say I'm really impressed by your site. I had a question. I'm having trouble with my setup. I was wondering if you could help me out. I have the following server setup. Server 2008 R2, SCCM 2007 R2 SP2, DHCP, and WDS all are on the same server. I've read several posts about WDS and SCCM and I'm a little confused.

1) Do I need WDS installed and configured?

2) Do I need to check the two boxes in WDS for Option 66 and 67?

I've been running into trouble with WDS and SCCM. On one attempt I had installed and configured WDS. I was able to deploy an image via WDS.

When I installed SCCM 2007 and configured it per the steps on this site nothing worked anymore. I would get as far as the client PC downloading wdsnbp.com. I would then get the message "WDS was aborted" Exiting Intel PXE-M0F "

Also in DHCP Scope Options do I need to edit the string value for Option 60 PXE Client to something else?

Hi,

I get the below message when i try to install sccm 2007 on my 08enterprise.

'SETUP CANNOT INSTALL A SERVICE ON THIS COMPUTER USING A LOCAL SYSTEM ACCOUNT'.

Kindly advice.

Alan.