StefanWe

Much trouble with OSD installation and first steps

Ok, i found a same article in this forum, who a person have the same problem. it's a bug in the rc1 that after a reboot, wds can#t start.

now, i reinstalled wds with sccm and yet, my client starts.

But, my client get a windows hardware error. You can see it on the first screenshot. It is a vmware esx 4.1 vm with intel e 1000 nic and later vmnext3 nic.

I added both drivers to my x86 boot image and distribute it to my dp. in my smsimage folder, i could see, that the actual wim file is present.

On the second screenshot you can see, all drivers, i imported in the wim boot file.

Have you any idea, why my vm can't start the boot.wim?

post-14517-0-94628700-1327329056_thumb.jpg

post-14517-0-37401800-1327329060_thumb.jpg

that error is actually good for you ^_^

It means you have contact!

Try restarting the wds service once. If it does not help, update your boot image (new source version).

And make sure you have booth x86 and x64 deployed to your DP (muchos importante!)

Thanks for the help. now i deployed again a x86 and x64 boot.wim image to my dp. both is checked, deploy through pxs service point.

In the dirs smsboot\x86 and x64 are all files included.

In both images, i imported the vmxnet3 drivers. so the system must start. But it doesn#t start.

Need i any other drivers for starting? Where can i take a look, what is missing?

Big thanks.

Okay, next thing you need to check is that your computer is found..

look into your smspxe.log (\SMS_CCM\Logs).

Open up this log and reboot your client into F12. Then search the log for it´s mac adress or UUID. Make sure you find a row saying somethign similare to this:

<![LOG[GetBootAction: MAC:00:50:56:81:14:B7 SMBIOS: SMSID:GUID:D304F6CF-C408-46F6-9F98-B1D0E5F9DA5C LastAdv:]LOG]!><time="16:27:30.097+-60" date="01-10-2012" component="smspxe" context="" type="0" thread="4204" file="database.cpp:661">
<![LOG[Advertisement results: OfferId:T0120002 OfferTime:10/01/2012 16:26:00 PackageID:C0100023 BootImageID:C0100014 PackageVer: PackagePath:\\xxxxxxxxxxx\SMSPXEIMAGES$\SMSPKG\C0100004\ Mandatory:0]LOG]!><time="16:27:30.097+-60" date="01-10-2012" component="smspxe" context="" type="0" thread="4204" file="database.cpp:734">
<![LOG[ProcessDatabaseReply: Found optional advertisement(s): T0120022]LOG]!><time="16:27:30.098+-60" date="01-10-2012" component="smspxe" context="" type="0" thread="4204" file="pxehandler.cpp:491">

I just verified that you will get this error "0xC000000f" if you are using DHCP referal (DHCP options 66 and 67) and your client is not imported correctly.

Check your smspxe.log

And then reimporte your machine and make sure it is in the correct collection -_-

i dont't understand it.

I imported my client through "import machine" with his mac address. It is in my collection "OSD". Then, i create a Task Sequence for the deployment and advertise it to this collection. (and then restart the wds service)

But i get the same error.

In my smspxe.log i can't find any MAC address.

Any ideas?