StefanWe

Much trouble with OSD installation and first steps

Ok. my guest is booting to the pe environment. I uninstalled wds again and reinstall and then it works. rc1 is buggy ;)

But now, i am hanging on an abort in the pe env.

I created a task sequence for the deployment. i choose my boot.wim and the windows 7 wim from the original dvd ( both x86).

The system boots into the pe and format my local drive c, and then after the message output "Apply windows operating system" the task sequence abort with the error 0x80070002.

Any ideas?

I have no captured image. I only want to deploy a fresh win 7 image without a answer file.

ok, i did a test. my client is now a hardware pc. The network and hdd controller driver are in the boot pe image. But i have the same error as above 0x80070002.

My sccm server runs on vsphere 4.1. The dhcp server is a virtual machine on that env. on a windows 2008 r2 server.

After the disk is formated, i reboot my pc with a win 7 dvd and start cmd.exe to take a look on the drive. There is no smsts.log available. Only 20mb are copied.

Have somebody any ideas?

Perhaps somebody can help me to figure this out? I have a Task Sequense that suddenly stopped working. It was last used about a week ago, without any issuses. Yesterday evening, after a week on the road, I tried to reinstall my notebook just to learn that it now fails resolving dependencies. (0x8007000E)

I have attached the smsts.log file, I have tried googling the error but that didn't help :-(

smsts.log