anyweb

how can I configure SCCM 2007 in Windows Server 2008 - Part 3

Hi

Hello. Are you able to see the computer on the collection?

If you go on the client computer in Conficuration Manager do you see the correct Assighnment code? Under Actions what do you see? Its the same as the guide?

yes the computer is in the collection, it is approved and assigned.

The Site Code in ConfigMgr is correct but I've just noticed that the site mode is unknown.

And I only have two Actions available, but they are the two underlined on the image of the deploy application guide:

post-1-1222071283.jpg

Update your bootimage to update the change in there too.

I'm guessing you are assuming I've installed the XP Computer with an SCCM Image which includes the Client, but that is not the case.

I've installed the XP the old fashioned way and the Client had been installed by Client push installation after I changed the organization name. Or is there a need to Update the Client Setup used by Client push installation?

Thanks for your help

Stephan

The client is not communicating with your Site server, that's why you don't get your Organization Name and more actions.

I would say open a new post on the forum (because this doesn't really belong here) and post more information about the command line you use for the installation and the ClientLocation.log

Hi All,

I followed this awesome guide in installing SCCM and setting up a Site, configuring boundaries and etc. This Guide addressed all the things pretty well,but I had a problem in getting ccm client installed on my client machine. I can see the client machines in my collections. When I checked eventvwr I had several errors saying 'A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the ccmsetup service to connect.' post-6181-12784125997733_thumb.jpg. If I check services "ccmcetup" service is not getting started and even if I try to start manually it rejects to start. I am struggling with this issue for 2 days now. Please help me to sort this issue.

Hello,

I Carry out this tutorial until the step http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/491-how-can-i-configure-sccm-2007-sp1-in-windows-server-2008/page__view__findpost__p__1445

Now, when I want to install the SCCM Client on my XP computer (which is the client computer in my configuration), an error appear.

Better than word, some screenshot :

The error message :

mini_612466cran.png

When I click "Cliquez-ici" link :

mini_366991cran2.png

If you have any suggestion...

Sorry for my bad english and the french screenshot.

Thanks

Configuring the Clients Firewall:-

If the configuration Manager client is NOT INSTALLING on your clients then verify that the firewall rules are set to allow SCCM traffic, or disable the firewall for testing...).

Next step > Create a package and then a program and advertise it to a collection and then distribute it

The guide covers:-

Creating the Package

Creating a Program for the package

Advertising the Package

Creating and updating distribution point

Hi,

I followed this guide and eveerything is going as expected, but the client is not installed on the client machines.

I can see the client machine when I run the discovery, I can ping the client machine etc....

As far as the Firewall is concerned, its OFF according to this guide.

Please help to resolve the issue.

I followed this guide at the followin´g link:

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/491-how-can-i-configure-sccm-2007-sp1-in-windows-server-2008/

and eveerything is going as expected, but the client is not installed on the client machines.

I can see the client machine when I run the discovery, I can ping the client machine etc....

As far as the Firewall is concerned, its OFF according to this guide.

Please help to resolve the issue.