anyweb

how can I configure SCCM 2007 in Windows Server 2008 - Part 3

Yes, I configured boundries as AD DS (mentioned in this guide).

Also I have configured the Firewall according to this guide and verified.

I can see the client computer has been discovered in the SCCM.

I have restarted the client machine many times still no results... but I tried the manual method.. "//MySCCM_Server" and run the Client Setup from the CCMClient setup shared folder. And it worked fine and I deployed the Firefox but how to do this auto

Any suggestion how to relove this issue?matically?

Hi,

i'm new to sccm. And my question is, can i setup sccm in vm for testing in my machine.

is it going to reflect to my existing domain.

Yes You can do this.

In test envirnment VM setups are good to go.

did you configure your boundaries ?

Yes, AD DS site boundry is set. I can see the client machine is discovered in SCCM and as far as the Firewall is concerned, I have disabled it using this guide.

When I invoke the SCCM server on the client machine and try to install the client manually it was successful.

But question is why it happen? Its not good practice to visit all client machines and then initiate the sccm client installation.

Please advice how to resolve this?

I am using SCCM 2007 SP1 on Server 2008 R2. My client machine is running W7 x86.

why are you using SCCM 2007 sp1 ? you should be using SCCM 2007 SP2 to support Windows 7 (and it's the current, supported version),

as regards installing the client, you can use client push from the SCCM server as described in this guide, are you saying it's not working for you ? is the client push installation account a local administrator of your clients computer ?

why are you using SCCM 2007 sp1 ? you should be using SCCM 2007 SP2 to support Windows 7 (and it's the current, supported version),

as regards installing the client, you can use client push from the SCCM server as described in this guide, are you saying it's not working for you ? is the client push installation account a local administrator of your clients computer ?

yes, the client Push Installation method didnt install client on client side. As far as the Push Installation Wizard is concerned it run successfully and I didnot receive any errors there. So izard run successfully but client is not installed on client PC.

I am using SCCM Version 4.00.6487.20000 (SCCM 2007 R2)

Import Microsoft Deployment Task Sequence

I am following the guide available at >http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/516-how-can-i-deploy-windows-vista-sp1-using-sccm-2007-sp1/

I cant see the option "Import Microsoft Deployment Task Sequence" under the Task Sequence node.

I have installed MDT 2010 (as recommended accordig to thsi guide), any suggestions?

it's been renamed to Create Microsoft Deployment Task sequence (from memory, havnt got access to a lab at the moment), did you integrate MDT with SCCM ?