anyweb

Two New Endpoint Protection Reports added to Configuration Manager 2012 RC2

Up until recently, Endpoint Protection came with 4 built-in reports in Configuration Manager 2012.

• AntiMalware Activity Report
  • Computer Malware Details
  • Top Users By Threats
  • User Threat List

As of RC2 there are now six built-in reports

• AntiMalware Activity Report
  • Computer Malware Details
  • Top Users By Threats
  • User Threat List
  • Infected Computers
  • Dashboard

so what are the new reports about ? The fist new Endpoint Protection report shows a nice list of Infected Computers in a timeframe that you can select, you can verify what type of remediation was done via drop down menu and even search by Threat Name (see below).

Infected Computers.png

Next we have the Dashboard Report, this report shows lots of nice graphs to give you a graphical view of overall Endpoint Protection status in the collection you selected, malware remediation status, Operation Status of Endpoint Protection clients, Definiton status on Computers (see below)

endpoint protection dashboard report.png

In other words, this report shows summaries of what you can see in the In-console monitoring Endpoint Protection Dashboard in the Monitoring node of the ConfigMgr Console.

endpoint protection dashboard.png

all in all, very cool stuff, if you havn't yet started experimenting with Endpoint Protection in Configuration Manager 2012 then get started, it's a Blast !

I got a question for you...in SCCM 2007 you could subscribe to a Forefront report and use the "Report Time Span" option to get the last Day, Week, Month, etc...worth of data in your report. This was very useful in haveing weekly and monthly reports emailed to me. In the new 2012 i dont see an option when i subscribe to the Endpoint protection reports to tell it a time span...it seems to want hard Start and End dates.

I would like Weekly and Monthly reports sent to me that only include the previous week/months worth of data in it. Do you know of a way to over come this in 2012?