Warrer

Deployment with domain and SCCM changes

Question

Hello everyone,

I am facing a particular scenario of deployment here and I would like to have your knowledge on this.

Here is what I got:

1. One Windows XP laptop must be upgraded to Windows 7 in Zero Touch. (it's simple here, a classic REFRESH scenario).
  2. The laptop while running XP is in a domain A and needs to be in domain B when running Windows 7.
  3. Two SCCM 2007 R3 servers are playing a role here. One in domain A and one in domain B.
  4. Domain A and B have a full trust relationship.
  5. User profile data need to be saved with USMT and restore at the end

The sooner the SCCM in domain B handles the deployment, the better in order to have a full lifecycle deployment on it.

Where this seems to be hard is we have to stay in Zero Touch.

My problem is I do not know how or when is the best moment to do the change of SCCM server and domain in order to keep this fluent and zero touch. If you could recommend me the steps of the migration to do this that would help a lot.

Thanks a lot for your help and advices, very much appreciated :)

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet