Hei ho,

I wonder if anyone can help me with this strange error.

I have followed the the instructions here to a tee to install a test of SCCM 2012 but have hit a strange error - Config. Manager cannot connect to the site.

And this has me perplexed as the account I am using has full domain rights to this test server, has full access to all files\folders, full access to SQL and was used to install SCCM itself. The only item I cannot confirm is point 4: been assigned to at least one role based admin security role. I am presuming that as the account was used to install in the system it should have access, but maybe I am wrong.

The SQL Server 2008 has been patched to SP2 with CU7 and is running locally with all the correct edits to accomodate SCCM 2012

If anyone has any advise, I would appreciate it!

Attached is a screen shot of the error message

post-14694-0-12345100-1328275902_thumb.jpg

the logs weren't very helpful - i was expecting something along the lines of "access denied due to x", but there was nothing there. they indicated that the system was correctly installed and running correctly.

i have since uninstalled SCCM from that test machine and reinstalled it. however i also granted higher rights to the system container in AD for the SCCM machine. and this has made the difference.

on the re-installed machine i now have access to SCCM.

i do not understand why SCCM was not satisfied with full control rights to the system management container, but needed full control rights to the entire system. any suggestions?

will have a further look at this in the morning.

The same problem occurred when we upgraded to Service Pack 1 CTP. In our case our Configuration Manager Console was not upgraded during the upgrade, just our site. I ran the Install Configuration Manager Console link on the Service Pack 1 CTP splash screen and it fixed the problem.

• Like 2

The same problem occurred when we upgraded to Service Pack 1 CTP. In our case our Configuration Manager Console was not upgraded during the upgrade, just our site. I ran the Install Configuration Manager Console link on the Service Pack 1 CTP splash screen and it fixed the problem.

I got this problem after SP1 Installation. Reinstalling the ConfigMgr Console via CTP splash fixed the problem.

Yes! I installed the Configuration Manager Console for SCCM 2012 (no SP) before doing my install. After having some issues with the install, I downloaded SP1 and started again. I was excited to finally get everything installed, but this had me stumped. Re-installing the Configuration Manager Console from the SP1 installer disc fixed this.

Thanks!