Jasson

Software catalog issue in SCCM 2012

Hi Guys,

I've got a very strange issue on Software / application deployment in SCCM 2012:

• I can successfully to distribute and deploy applications/packages to the system collection, and it works, any computer that belongs to the collection will install the software.
  • I also successfully to distribute and deploy the applications/packages to the user collection, there is no any error reported. But the user who belongs to that collection will not install the software whatever is an application or a package. I know when the software deployed to the user collection, user will not able to see those software in software center, they need to click "Find additional applications from the Application Catalog", then see it in the web page, but that is the issue, when I click the link, it show me an error page, it says "Server Error in '/CMApplicationCatalog' Application" and "Some or all identity references could not be translated." The Stack Trace as below:

• Stack Trace:

[identityNotMappedException: Some or all identity references could not be translated.]
    System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier.Translate(IdentityReferenceCollection sourceSids, Type targetType, Boolean forceSuccess) +450
    System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier.Translate(Type targetType) +350
    System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.GetName() +159
    System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.get_Name() +42
    Microsoft.ConfigurationManager.SoftwareCatalog.Website.WebControls.SilverlightLoader.BuildPortalSettings() +175
    Microsoft.ConfigurationManager.SoftwareCatalog.Website.WebControls.SilverlightLoader.CreateChildControls() +85
    System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +182
    System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +60
    System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +222
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4185

I googled it, but can't find anything helpful, is anybody has the same situation before?Please help.....

I hope I explained the issue clearly to you, because I am not so good at English......

Update some situation:

When I logon with domain/administrator , it works fine, I can see the software in the webpage, can request it, can install it. But none of other account can work even the account belongs to the domain admins group.

Could anybody help me on that? really get stucked at this case....

If its any help I get the same problems.

Apps show in the catalog, but not in software center.

If you install from the catalog they show up in the software center.

All a bit rubbish for an RC2. Im still investigating.

Check your default client settings and make sure they apply to your collection(s) there are software catalog settings etc in there as well as software install rights etc.