maniakmyke

Software deployment issue.

Question

Good day everyone.

i was hoping i could get some assistance here.

we have a test lab setup running server 2k8r2 sccm2k7sp1. ive managed to miraculously setup and configure deployments with relative success thanks to these amazingly detailed guides. kudos to everyone who put in the work to get these out there. they are a terrific help. i have 0 server experience and managed to get this up and running. albeit not 100%

so here is my question.

everything is configured as per anywebs guides. 100% complience to them. spent all day today going over each and every guide to verify. the ONLY difference is i am not using WSUS yet. i have created a firefox software package exactly as the guide shows me. the image im using is a custom prebuilt image with all relative software preinstalled. this includes drivers etc etc. my image deploys without a hitch. my issue is that i cannot get the ccm client to install to my custom image as well as firefox.

now i know your going to want logs so i would like to know what logs you will need as well as tips or instructions for me.

i appreciate any and all help/advice you can give.

Mike.

5 answers to this question

I don't think it's possible to skip the step to install the SCCM client as part of creating an OSD Task Sequence. If the image is being deployed without a hitch, the client is installed as part of the process.

sorry i guess i was not clear here. the task sequence deploys fine. i check the task sequence to verify that the configmgr package is added. however when the deployment is finished there is no sign of it being installed on the target PC.

did you create a new package from definition for the configmgr client / are you looking in control panel for the client ? why do you think the client didn't install ? what does ccmsetup.log say ?

my apologies on the delay. work related issues took precedence.

yes i created a new package from definition for the configmgr client. there is nothing in control panel for the client. made sure by changing it out of that category view. as far as why i really have no idea. there are no errors no warnings nothing. it acts as if it installs.

now as far as the logfiles are concerned i cannot find them anywhere. ive scoured my server looking for ccmsetup.log and have come up empty.

ive refered to the logfile location guide from technet but have come up empty. i know its something im doing wrong. im just not sure what it is...

is there any alternative locations these logfiles can be going to?